Diablo 2 -- Who wants to start again?

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Me and some friends started playing again. USEast Hardcore ladder. It's fun as hell because the ladder just reset on the 25th. Anyone want to join? I know most people play softcore... but does anyone want to give HCL a try? ;) Let me know, my account is *dano44 on USEast.

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
There are couple people out there that still play here in Anand. My Vanilla days are over, im doing mods.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RandomFool
I never got around to beating that game.</end quote></div>

Neither did I, I got to that swamp place that was the paladin's homeland. Then my clicking finger broke off.

Man that was an addictive game. I used to have boatloads of fun, I just cant get into hack and slash anymore though.

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
I'd so play if I wasn't taking classes right now. Everytime I start, I can't stop until I'm at least well off. Then once I'm well off, I want nothing to do with the game. But everytime I quit and comeback, I wish I had at least preserved my account :(

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
No thanks. I can't handle the game any more, too boring and repetitive. Plus I've already seen all the cut scenes, not much more to offer after that.

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Soooooo tempted.....

I remember shouts in the B.net chats clamoring SOJS! SOJS! SOJS! SOJS! SOJS!

and my twinked nova/frozen orb sorceress.

Hardcore was a different game and managed a barb up to the beginning of the Hell difficulty. Don't think I can make other characters get up to that level alone...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Have to agree with Bateluer, after getting one of each class up to about level 60 I was burned out, and it took me several years to do that much.

Go into Titan Quest a little while ago and its like a breath of fresh air. Much easier on the eyes & ears and I can make a buttload of combos from the various masteries.

Not particularily revolutionary but evolutionary to the point its damn near perfect (so far as hack'n'slash games go).

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Ah... I remember spending mornings either getting rushed by a friend or through public games and evenings leveling up to a point where I was satisified (level 70 at least :)). I played when the form of leveling was cow leveling and then came back and got into ubertristing. Played like a madman until I got my sorc up and running, then let my bot do the rest for me. Got insanely rich everytime through excessive trading and trade forum whoring... then quit right before I got everything I wanted. Really shoulda saved my accounts :( Would be fun playing right about now. Will definitely play Diablo 3!

newmachineoverlord

Jan 22, 2006
I don't have the patience for hardcore. Are there any new runewords or crafting recipes on the new ladder, or is it just a high score reset?

Edit: My level 71 fishymancer and my lvl55 burizon are now nonladder, as is my shockadin with a herald of zakarum. I may just keep playing nonladder, haven't decided yet.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
No thanks. I'm still angry with Blizzard for the "one of the worst designs ever" regarding online characters requiring refreshes that recently deleted all but one of my chars.