DFI nf4 or nf4 sli dr / which is slot PCIE1 and which is slot PCIE4?

Tip Top

Feb 14, 2005

From the dfi website for the nf4-sli dr motherboard it says if you run a single pci-e video card instead of 2 it will
"Single VGA mode
- 1 PCI Express graphics card on the PCIE1 slot will run at x16 bandwidth.
- The other PCI Express x16 slot (PCIE4) will run at x2 bandwidth. "

I am thinking if the chipsetfan is louder than I want, and I was not running 2 pci-e cards for sli, then I would only put the 1 pci-e card in for video. But I was wondering if I could put that card in the pci-e slot that is not inline with the chipset fan (the slot away from the processor). But from the dfi description quoted above, I do not know whether that is slot PCIE1 or PCIE4 . So if you are going to run a single video card, which slot does the instruction tell you to put it in (the one close to the processor and inline with the chipset fan or the other one). You see if I could put it on the other one, then I could put a passive heatsink or other fan over the chipset .

Thanks.

Ps, I see where you download the manual from dfi, but it is like 11 megs and that takes a bit of time. So could someone look it up.

PS, I take it noone has put a zalman cooler on this thing cause I do not read about that in the forum. BUt if you wanted to, is the other fan and heatsink removable like the Asus board's seems to be?