DFI LanParty NFII Ultra will not keep the correct time.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
This problem seems to be getting worse. I used to notice that my time was off by several minutes so I would reset the clock. Now is seems that the problem is getting worse as I can synch the time with the government time website and an hour later It can be 6-10 minutes faster. I synched it this morning around 11AM before I left and now it is 20 minutes fast.

Is this a BIOS problem? I really do not know what to do to correct this problem. I do not like to flash a mobo with a new BIOS unless it is absolutely necessary and the machine is running great. Has anyone had this problem before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 19, 2003
I used to have this exact same problem...although my motherboard is an Abit NF7-S 2.0 (still an Nforce2 Ultra board though). It's been forever, but I think I had to switch off APIC Control or something like that in the BIOS (or on...whatever is the opposite to what it was set to :p). I'll try to dig up the old thread on another forum that I used as a reference.

Mar 19, 2003
OK...It was this thread:

biohazard2k wrote:
WOO HOO!
Thanks to this guy who found a German site that shows how to fix this problem.

I've tested this in three (ASUS, MSI, Chaintech) nForce2 motherboards, and this fixed them all.

Ok... This is what I did to get my clock working.
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK (as in back up data, etc.)
And I'm not responsible! This worked for me, I don't know if it will for you. Go to the "device manager" in windows xp, click on "Computer" there it will say "Uniprocessor PC", right click and update driver, then update it to "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC". Restart the computer, then go into the BIOS, then "disable" the APIC function in the BIOS. Boot into windows, from there it will find your devices again (CD-rom, IDE, etc.) and your clock should work.
It worked for my brother and I, hopefully it will work for you people out there, too.

GL,
BioHaz

It worked for several people in the thread (including me), so you could always give it a shot.