DF - will the change be this tuesday *** DF is down ***

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
a date hasn't been set and we won't be at 10 billion before tuesday, so i am sure it won't be tuesday

it may happen later in the week or the following tuesday, i don't know

all howard has said so far is

06/02/2003

- Phase II is projected to begin sometime late next week. Please check back on this news page for updates and further details.

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
came home for lunch.... noticed both my clients were doing the "I still want memory, but won't crunch (0%CPU)" thing.

Screw it.... I am so sick and of tired setting and resetting this thing while Howard ferks around. :|

They can sit just like they are and perhaps on a re-boot someday, the DF problems will be gone, the server will be up and the new client will download.

-Sid

No I don't want to run it in a text window... No I don't want to send Howard any files to examine.... No I won't bother uninstalling it.... if it gets itself going on it's own... then it will go. If not, then F@H can enjoy more cycles.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
a note was posted in the "news" section on the DF website this morning, stating that the site would be down starting at 11 am EDT for a "short time" for maintenance

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
it is backup, here is the quote from the news section

06/08/2003

- This server will be down for scheduled maintenance at some time around 11am EST, June 9 2003. We do not expect it to be down for too long. Thanks for your understanding.

Insidious

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2001
lets give'em a boot and see how we're doing......

.......OKIES! they revived.

I don't consider booting to be hard work, I can do this much
rolleye.gif

-Sid

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
we have about a 30 million buffer, i hope it is enough

we just need to keep chugging for a few more days and hopefully rechenkraft will not have a mighty mighty dump