DF Daily (09/13)

m0ti

Jul 6, 2001
Hello Folders,

I have to raise a bit of an alarm. Sun Microsystems is not staying down. Currently they're outproducing us by about 3M, and are just 4 (!!!) days away from passing us. If anybody has some extra firepower available, now would be the time to bring it in.

Today's milestone makers:

bfour has hit 400K! :):):):)
Mloot has hit 100K! :)

Congrats, guys.

Top Folder: TA TheMagicman with 44M folds! :D
Best RMS: TA TheMagicman with 9.45 (good for about 27th)! :cool:
Best Production: Kris takes advantage of TA TheMagicman's shifting of computing power to Seti, to take the lead with 1.11M (good for about 58th overall)! Nice! ;)

TeAm Stats:

We're currently 17M back of 20th and outproducing them at a rate of 3.5M per day. Unfortunately, we're only 12M ahead of 22nd and being outproduced by them at a rate of 3M per day. Extra power would be useful (more... more... more...)!!!

Daily Production: TeAm DF stays put at 16th place. Not much to add on to that.

Kris

Oct 12, 1999
Congratulations bfour and mloot!

Sun has had me concerned, thus the extra production.

We need to optimize here. Everybody using -rt?
I know I have some extra 32mb pc100 sticks if that would allow somebody to add the extra ram switch.

Thanks for the update, m0ti.

Mloot

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002

Thanks for the kudos. It's great to feel welcome here, especially being as new as I am.

Kris

Oct 12, 1999
mloot
If I understand correctly, rms can be thought of as "how far off" a given structure we generate is from the known conformation.
root mean square deviation, measured in angstroms.

When we fold a sequence that corresponds to a known 3d structure, we are testing the software, mostly, to ensure that when we fold unknown stuff later the results will mean something.

That help at all?

Baldy18

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Yeah what Kris said.:confused: Basically the way I understand it the lower the number the closer to correct the algorithm is.:)