DF-CB added new client the MSI Metis 266

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
I'm in the process of upgrading my cracking clients and this is what I settled on.

MSI Metis 266 with AMD 2400XP and Crucial PC2700 and Maxtor 30 Gig

I had a heck of a time to put this together, the original heatsink that MSI included after the first boot up was showing 68c so I took it out and noticed that it was flat on the cpu but just wasn't doing the job at all and the heatsink looked better than the stock amd one.

so I went into my archives and pulled out an Thermalright AX-7 put some ASII on the cpu and a 80mm Enermax Adjustable fan and damm to my shock it fits to the millimeter. Just to give you an idea I had to take the grill off the fan in order for the case cover to fit. Booted up and with the cpu fan at the lowest speed temps averaged 38c-41c wow.

Loaded OS with all updates = 1.6Gig installed VNC - DF and CB and it's cracking away at 47c-51c

Now I have two more clients to upgrade and those are presently running K7SEM with 1.2 Duron and 512-PC100 I will do those in July and upgrade my main rig in September. But right now I have 4 rigs cracking 24/7.