Status
Not open for further replies.

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
$89.97@Lowes. ShopDiscover 5% CB.

Amazon:
What's in the Box
Drill/driver, battery charger, two 18-volt compact Ni-Cad batteries, double-end screwdriver bit, and kit box.

18-Volt 1/2" Cordless Drill with Case

Compact size fits into the tightest conditions
Lightweight design (5.2 lbs.) minimizes user fatigue
High performance motor delivers maximum power of 380 unit watts out
Dual speed range: 0-450/0-1500 rpm delivers optimal performance
1/2" single sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck for tighter bit grip
Maximum durability and reliability withstands jobsite conditions
51zKCcNJNrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Mythman

Jun 30, 2000
Go to a B&M store and try it out before you leave. If it has chuck wobble (common issue with this model) find one that doesn't or don't buy it.
:twisted:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Meh.
I got a Bosch set with driver and impact driver for 150 on Amazon. Better build quality and better deal for the money.

Whats the normal MSRP for that Dewalt? Amazon has them for 140 so I guess that could be a bargain, if it doesnt have the above mentioned issues.

Also:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...8&qid=1315070810&sr=8-2&condition=refurbished
What makes someone think I'm gonna pay DOUBLE for a reconditioned model? And from an unknown seller at that?

Last edited:

ICXRa

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
WOW! DeWalt really has gone that far down hill? A few years ago I bought an 18volt 3/8 that came with a screwdriver type cordless tool as well. The drill didn't last a year before it started sparking everywhere when it was running, now it just turns really slowly and smokes, basically it's worthless. A friend of mine experienced a similar issue with his 18v, and sent it back to DeWalt out of warranty, for repair. He received a new one for $100 basically. So far a year later, it's still going. I was somewhat tempted to jump on this, thinking my last experience was just a fluke, until I read you post and some of the Amazon ones.

I still have an old 14.4 amp one that came in the metal case, that has to be in excess of 11 years old. A brass bushing comes out of the rear of the motor that simply has to be put back into place, but I got tired of doing it, so I bought the above. Needless to say the 14.4 version is an entirely different product, and one of much higher quality.

qliveur

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2007
Go to a B&M store and try it out before you leave. If it has chuck wobble (common issue with this model) find one that doesn't or don't buy it.
:twisted:
This is good advice. I got a Dewalt 12v back in '96. The chuck screwed up and had to be replaced almost immediately. Otherwise it's been fine and I'm still using it.

Looks like this comes with 2 batteries. This is an excellent price for what you get; just don't expect quality on the level of Makita's.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
if it does come with 2 batts then its a hot deal. batts alone are worth $90 easy. youll can find chargers cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.