Devin Snowflake morally wounded yet again.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Was going to say at least there is something to like about him but apparently he wasn't even there.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's funny. I'm familiar with Alpha & Omega winery, and used to hang out there when I would head into Napa, when they were still building and most everything was dirt, a bar, and some vines. They weren't shy about letting you get good and pissed at their bar, for no charge.

They make some fantastic wines--though I honestly haven't tried any of it since ~2010. I had a very brief subscription with them, but they overcharged me on the contract that I signed, wouldn't budge, so I cancelled after the first shipment.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That being said, as with Nunes' other frivolous lawsuits this sets an incredibly dangerous precedent. Powerful politicians are attempting to use the courts to silence criticism and factual reporting on him. The next time Republicans tell you they believe in the Constitution look to see if they have condemned this.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think this was my favorite part:

Nunes' lawyers were so stupid that when they did a Twitter search they mistook the terms they searched for to be intentional bolding on the part of the person they were suing.

It makes me wonder why some other morons aren't paying me $800k to be the dumbest fucking lawyers on the planet. Yet another case of mistaking dumb luck in life for earned success.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
It's funny. I'm familiar with Alpha & Omega winery, and used to hang out there when I would head into Napa, when they were still building and most everything was dirt, a bar, and some vines. They weren't shy about letting you get good and pissed at their bar, for no charge.

They make some fantastic wines--though I honestly haven't tried any of it since ~2010. I had a very brief subscription with them, but they overcharged me on the contract that I signed, wouldn't budge, so I cancelled after the first shipment.

I was there last year. The wine was good, but the average bottle was well over $100.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I was there last year. The wine was good, but the average bottle was well over $100.

Yep. Early on, you could get a rather cheap subscription, about $200 per year, 4 shipments of 4 bottles each, their selection. This was within the first year of their opening for sales and service. The Vineyard really was just a bunch of dirt and an open warehouse. Brother and Father both got this deal, and kept it going for several years with no change.

I moved out there about a year after and requested the same subscription, but they charged me $250 for the first shipment of 4 bottles, claimed that the other deal never existed, despite my paper invoices from my family proving that they were lying to me. So I canceled.

shit...I probably got this Nunes asshole on the phone. What a wise and beautiful woman.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I remember way back when Opus One and Silver Oak were all the rage. How does A&O compare...same league?

No, it's nothing like Opus One...well, not the same prestige anyway. I mean...it's all objective. Opus One still only makes the one wine every year, right? I only visited Opus once and went on a special fancy insider tour and yeah...the bottle for that year was fantastic, no doubt. Still not sure I'd pay $200 per bottle or whatever that price is.

A & O has some very decently priced, very nice varieties, but I honestly don't recall which ones were great ~2008-2012 when I was more familiar with them. They had a really nice late harvest desert wine, and I don't really like desert wines.

FWIW, Darioush is my favorite vineyard out in Napa. They make fantastic Shiraz and Shiraz varieties.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
No, it's nothing like Opus One...well, not the same prestige anyway. I mean...it's all objective. Opus One still only makes the one wine every year, right? I only visited Opus once and went on a special fancy insider tour and yeah...the bottle for that year was fantastic, no doubt. Still not sure I'd pay $200 per bottle or whatever that price is.

A & O has some very decently priced, very nice varieties, but I honestly don't recall which ones were great ~2008-2012 when I was more familiar with them. They had a really nice late harvest desert wine, and I don't really like desert wines.

FWIW, Darioush is my favorite vineyard out in Napa. They make fantastic Shiraz and Shiraz varieties.

Opus added a lower tier wine, priced at about $120/bottle which is still pretty decent but not as "special". I forget what it's called--only had that once.

First time I had Opus One, I was actually at work. My VP received a package with a few bottles as a gift from a vendor, but HR wouldn't let him take them home, so he shared it with the team. Yes...that means I drank it from a plastic cup, but it was delicious!

I've heard of Darioush--our favorites right now are Neal and Somnium (love that Howell Mountain!)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
That being said, as with Nunes' other frivolous lawsuits this sets an incredibly dangerous precedent. Powerful politicians are attempting to use the courts to silence criticism and factual reporting on him. The next time Republicans tell you they believe in the Constitution look to see if they have condemned this.

Well here's a "fun" thing. Nunes can't win but he can be countersued and I believe that courts would properly recognize who the injured parties would be. Nunes isn't one.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well here's a "fun" thing. Nunes can't win but he can be countersued and I believe that courts would properly recognize who the injured parties would be. Nunes isn't one.

I was reading some interesting analysis of this that shows just how disingenuous a shitbag Nunes really is. If you read his brief closely you can see he tries very hard to make it so the case will be heard in Virginia as Virginia's SLAPP laws are much weaker than say, California where he, you know, lives. It's entirely because he knows he has zero case and his goal here is just to cost them money.

If the venue gets shifted to another state you will watch Nunes fold immediately because his goal here is to punish people who criticize them, not assert his rights against defamation. What a worthless piece of shit.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I was reading some interesting analysis of this that shows just how disingenuous a shitbag Nunes really is. If you read his brief closely you can see he tries very hard to make it so the case will be heard in Virginia as Virginia's SLAPP laws are much weaker than say, California where he, you know, lives. It's entirely because he knows he has zero case and his goal here is just to cost them money.

If the venue gets shifted to another state you will watch Nunes fold immediately because his goal here is to punish people who criticize them, not assert his rights against defamation. What a worthless piece of shit.

I am becoming impatient with these people but fortunately, my moral center prevents me from taking approaches that I can conceive of. Eventually, someone of lesser restraint but with appropriate knowledge may do things I'd not like to see. That would be a real problem we don't need.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I remember way back when Opus One and Silver Oak were all the rage. How does A&O compare...same league?
My brother cracked open a bottle of Outpost a few Thanksgivings ago. I embarrassed myself by literally screaming how good that stuff was. Best Cab I ever had.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Yep. Early on, you could get a rather cheap subscription, about $200 per year, 4 shipments of 4 bottles each, their selection. This was within the first year of their opening for sales and service. The Vineyard really was just a bunch of dirt and an open warehouse. Brother and Father both got this deal, and kept it going for several years with no change.

I moved out there about a year after and requested the same subscription, but they charged me $250 for the first shipment of 4 bottles, claimed that the other deal never existed, despite my paper invoices from my family proving that they were lying to me. So I canceled.

shit...I probably got this Nunes asshole on the phone. What a wise and beautiful woman.

Yeah we joined the club as well and ended up cancelling because they sent us, and charged us for, a bunch more than we agreed to.

These days I prefer Round Pound and Turnbull.

Mar 11, 2004
He has that magic touch, where because he's just such a scummy piece of shit that he brings increased scrutiny to everything he's involved in. Just like how him running off to suck orange Donnie dick exposed that he was trying to compromise investigations into Turmp that led to Turmp obstructing justice by getting rid of Comey for not kissing his hemorrhoids ring, I can't wait to see what his more recent antics lead to happening and look forward to celebrating the day when he gets his due for them.

Reactions: esquared