Developing~ Romanoff Says He was Offered Job To Not Challenge Bennet's Senate Seat

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15213784

"U.S. Senate candidate Andrew Romanoff said publicly for the first time Wednesday that a White House deputy discussed three specific jobs that "might be available" if Romanoff dropped a primary challenge to a fellow Democrat, Sen. Michael Bennet. "

Hope, change, and transparency :rolleyes:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
This is another fine example of open and transparent government. Change! Transparency! Ethical government! ....lol

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
OMG someone was offered a job, in the government!!! OMG!!!

Hmm, I thought Obama said he was tired of the game. He didn't want to play the game anymore. I guess he was referring to basketball, not politics.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Hmm, I thought Obama said he was tired of the game. He didn't want to play the game anymore. I guess he was referring to basketball, not politics.

It's not a game, this is government, staffing is key.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Law only applies to general and special elections, not primaries. If you could read, now that would be an OMG!!!

Um. It says for any "political action" and "any political action in a general or special election".

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Um. It says for any "political action" and "any political action in a general or special election".

This was a primary election. If law applied to it they would not have singled out general or special elections.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
This was a primary election. If law applied to it they would not have singled out general or special elections.

18 U.S.C. § 600 : US Code - Section 600: Promise of employment or other benefit for political activity
Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment,
position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit,
provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of
Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such
benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any
political activity or for the support of or opposition to any
candidate or any political party in connection with any general or
special election to any political office, or in connection with any
primary election
or political convention or caucus held to select
candidates for any political office, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/29/600

You might want to buff up your reading comprehension skills.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
DOJ already looked at it, found no crime.

YOU have to PROVE that job was offered as a reward, and not just offered. BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
everybody does this. Bush did it too. Infact npr had one of bushes people on and talked about this and he said its not against the law or ethics of the congress and its always that way.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
everybody does this. Bush did it too. Infact npr had one of bushes people on and talked about this and he said its not against the law or ethics of the congress and its always that way.

Exactly. I hope DOJ does investigate GOP and if anyone was offered job while also considering running in primary. Since they want to put people in jail for this, we should start with their own house.