Deux Ex 3

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I can't help but be pessimistic. The first one is my favorite game, but the second was a major disappointment. I hope they take it back to the roots.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante
I can't help but be pessimistic. The first one is my favorite game, but the second was a major disappointment. I hope they take it back to the roots.

What was so bad about the second? Yes the UI sucked, the one-kind-of-ammo-for-everything sucked, but the plot was engaging and the gameplay was pretty good. Not as good as the original by far, but definitely fun and worth playing.

zerodeefex

Jan 31, 2004
Originally posted by: irishScott

What was so bad about the second? Yes the UI sucked, the one-kind-of-ammo-for-everything sucked, but the plot was engaging and the gameplay was pretty good. Not as good as the original by far, but definitely fun and worth playing.

I agree. I loved the first game, and it definitely ranks among my top favorite PC games ever, but the second wasn't as bad as everyone says. It was a very entertaining game with an interesting enough plot for me to keep going.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006

It was entertaining, but the original was more than that. The original had the atmosphere that the second lacked - it felt very consolized. Having one type of ammo, no skills, and little in the way of the choices that the first one had annoyed me. It also felt more cartoony to me, somehow.

fleabag

Banned
Oct 1, 2007

You forgot to mention that because it was a console games ported to the PC, it ran like ass on the PC..

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001

It was entertaining, but the original was more than that. The original had the atmosphere that the second lacked - it felt very consolized. Having one type of ammo, no skills, and little in the way of the choices that the first one had annoyed me. It also felt more cartoony to me, somehow.

It had incredible depth as well. All those news papers, data pads, books lying around gave you a lot of information. It looked like the game creators actually cared and crafted a real universe. DX2 just felt so shallow.

It's hard to be excited about DE3. Deus Ex 2 was the game I anticipated the most ever. After that disappointment I've never allowed myself to be hyped about a game again.

Fadardo

Jun 10, 2007
Whats there to even discuss? Deus Ex3 is going to be as disappointing to PC Gamers as Deus Ex2: Invisible war.

They are designing the game first and formost for the xbox 360 and ps3. Remember how archaic oblivions interface was since it was designed first and formfor the xbox360, expect similar treatment with DSeus Ex3.

Once the money hungry corperate execs and shareholders get a taste of the console hunny pot they never go back.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Fadardo
Whats there to even discuss? Deus Ex3 is going to be as disappointing to PC Gamers as Deus Ex2: Invisible war.

They are designing the game first and formost for the xbox 360 and ps3. Remember how archaic oblivions interface was since it was designed first and formfor the xbox360, expect similar treatment with DSeus Ex3.

Once the money hungry corperate execs and shareholders get a taste of the console hunny pot they never go back.

This is my major gripe. Games are being developed for console and ported to the PC. You just can't compare a console UI to a PC - it's awful to play that oversimplified crap on a PC.

Aug 9, 2007
I read on Shacknews today that the team uses the - hold and behold: "Tomb Raider: Legend" engine by Crystal Dynamics for Deus Ex3, because Eidos wants to develop it further.
Sounds very dissappointing to me. TR: Legend looked OK but there was bloom all over the missing details, very few NPCs and no convincing outdoor environments like in Crysis. I really hope they pull this off but with this engine?
I'm skeptical...