Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
Meh. As a movie trailer, it looked awesome. As a game trailer, it looked like a notice of bad graphics to follow. Plus the last one was so freakin' dumbed down that I'll wait at least until there are gameplay videos and reviews up.
From what I've seen, it's just more of the same, so still dumbed down relative to the original. Really they seem to be doubling down on some of the worst aspects of HR.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Thanks. Having watched it, I have very mixed feelings. Still seems that they are more bent on telling a story than on playing a game, and most of their combat enhancements seem to be button pushing "watch your character do something cool" thingies. Ought to be pretty amazing for people who like fighting games though, IF some of the later things shown are not merely game engine movies.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Cool trailer.

I liked Human Revolution (never really played the earlier games) but didn't finish it. Not sure if it's even worth getting this game since I didn't finish the previous one.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
I started watching that video, didn't want to see too much so I stopped but got a decent impression out of it. It feels like more of DE: HR with updated graphics.
It definitely has the feel & atmosphere of the prequel.

Should I preorder this game from cdkeys while it is cheap?

They tried to pull a Ubisoft with preorders:

I am against pre orders, especially the ones trying to sell a 4 day early access for a premium. You are likely to find a deal after launch too.
The previous game is in my 10 of all time but I would have waited for launch anyway.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
They tried to pull a Ubisoft with preorders:

I am against pre orders, especially the ones trying to sell a 4 day early access for a premium. You are likely to find a deal after launch too.
The previous game is in my 10 of all time but I would have waited for launch anyway.

There was so much backlash against this that they cancelled this whole scheme, actually. If you preorder now you get all the bonuses they talked about, and there's no 4 day early access.

Last edited:

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
The backlash against this that they cancelled this whole scheme, actually. If you preorder now you get all the bonuses they talked about, and there's no 4 day early access.

I know that they backed out since, my point is they tried for a while.

There is a DE:HR director's cut commentary playlist on youtube, dozens of hours of devs, the writers, audio guys talking about the game. After a few hours, they open up about many aspects, really enjoyed it:

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
Should I preorder this game from cdkeys while it is cheap?

Already done. Looks like you can run n gun. Great. Hopefully it comes close to at least 50 hours. Looking for some meat on the bones. Speaking of which, will CDkeys release the key earlier for pre-load?

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Gonna wait for player and critic reviews on this one. I played the previous game and while I liked it, it didn't leave me with a lasting impression like some titles do. Dunno if I wanna drop $60 on the new one.

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
Gonna wait for player and critic reviews on this one. I played the previous game and while I liked it, it didn't leave me with a lasting impression like some titles do. Dunno if I wanna drop $60 on the new one.

$48 here, probably cheaper in USD.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
ahhh i like this game... but i dont want to buy the preorder because like biscutt states that preorder "extras" is bogus... its like making a pizza from dominos, every additional topping, is a extra fee which to me is MEH...

But i do want it...

What to do... What to do....

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
ahhh i like this game... but i dont want to buy the preorder because like biscutt states that preorder "extras" is bogus... its like making a pizza from dominos, every additional topping, is a extra fee which to me is MEH...

But i do want it...

What to do... What to do....
I've hunted down every piece of info I could find on the game am positive the game is good but I suggest to do the same as I do. Buy it once reliable info from people/reviewers you trust is published. The review embargo expires a few days before launch, usually a good sign.

I love the Witcher lore. I yearned for Witcher 3 an order of magnitude more than people who actually preordered but I did not cave in, I waited. I even found a discount on launch day. Making a stand against preordering is like voting an independant candidate for president, people who don't get it will think it's weird. We'll always be a minority but I don't care. I am a PC elitist who won't yield like the masses do when a AAA title has incentives tied to preorders.

Don't make a stand against preorders because Total Biscuit, Jim Sterling or some guy on a forum told you to, get informed on the details of the matter then decide for yourself.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Don't make a stand against preorders because Total Biscuit, Jim Sterling or some guy on a forum told you to, get informed on the details of the matter then decide for yourself.

Make a stand against preorders because there are hundreds of good games already out there you can play, and waiting a few months for new games means you get a better game for less money. It is a win/win.

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
Make a stand against preorders because there are hundreds of good games already out there you can play, and waiting a few months for new games means you get a better game for less money. It is a win/win.

Hundreds? In terms of AAA titles there are only a handful coming out a year. Indie aside.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
The chances that's its a good game is high because its the same development team from what I have read.

I liked DXHR very much, I have not played the Directors cut of that but its supposedly fixed all boss fights and a lot of other things.

So the chances that they improve on their last game is very high. Overall DXHR is one of my favourite stealth games, and I love the hub aspect of these games where you go from different cities around the world, some minor exploration elements, and the game doesn't feel on rails at all, but has a very well crafted story and focus to it, it takes similar design philosophies from HL2 and Dishonored.

Will definitely pick this up next winter sale.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Never understand the anti-pre order thing. If a game is made by a reputable developer with a good history of releases, and it's from a series you really enjoy, why not pre-order and get yourself that 10% discount?

This game is made by the same people that made DX:HR which is a good game, so it stands to reason this game will be also. I'd also pre-order Witcher 4 if it was ever developed also, and I really don't care what TotalBiscuit thinks about that.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
If a game is made by a reputable developer with a good history of releases

Because there is no such thing. Every developer will pull a fast one if they think that their game is a stinker. There is a long history of it.