Deus Ex Human Revolution re-playability ?

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
So I finished this game just now, stealth all the way...all side missions, read everything I could find... and started up to go postal this time around, and it got lame pretty darn quick.

This game has no re-playability that I see but I could have swore that the original did have much more re-playability than this version.

There are no consequence to your actions really, you can
take out the three 'main' guys at the end stage and absolutely nothing happens from a result of killing them. Heck, you can kill virtually anyone and it basically is ho hum.. next mission...

That means, it basically turned into ME 3 type of a game where everyone was yelling at Bioware for screwing the pooch. Well, Edios / Square did the same thing here.

I am thinking this was a result of being a console game design, and having limits on what they can do.

The game just feels unfinished / rushed / on training wheels, which is I guess why they have some DLC for it, but at this point, it just doesn't seem worth getting.

I sure hope this isn't the norm now. :(

Oct 25, 2006
Yeah the game was insanely easy. Playing through it on hardest, no stealth, no kill, no alert, no stealth augs, no typhoon, no weird augs, and it was a breeze compared to DX1.

Also DX1 had alot of cooler moments, like when the armory dude chastises you for killing too many people and withholding equipment because he doesn't like you and things like that.

It was fun for what it was I suppose.

Last edited:

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
I liked it. Alot. I thought Edios/Square did a great job and possibly saved the franchise. It is way better than Invisible war. Currently I am taking a break from my second playthrough. Just going back and exploring things I didnt before, trying different weapons, different augs, etc.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
It's plenty fun, but yeah, it does feel like it has less replayability than even contemporary shooter/RPGs like Alpha Protocol and the Mass Effect series.

Albatross

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2001
I still remember in the first when I rushed past Simmons in the underwater base and he popped up later in Vandenberg,I was amazed.No such thing in HR.

syd2oo2

Jun 1, 2013
I liked it, but then I only played through once. Maybe it's just how games are made these days. They don't want you playing only one game all the time. You need to go out and buy the newest and greatest game that came out a week after the last greatest game.