Deus Ex Human Revolution is 6 years old (spoilers)

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
So I just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution for the second time. I’d previously played the stock game + Missing Link, but this time around I did the Director’s Cut.

Take a guess at my play style :p

Deus_Ex.jpg

My only gripes are the Missing Link section doesn’t give you back your praxis and ammunition until after it’s finished, so you suddenly become a weakling in what is a very late game level. There’s also the known stuttering issue at certain parts of the maps.

Otherwise I really enjoyed replaying it. I think the explosive revolver is the best weapon in the game. It’s basically a hand-held rocket launcher whose ammunition doesn’t take much inventory space.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
"My only gripes are the Missing Link section doesn’t give you back your praxis and ammunition until after it’s finished, so you suddenly become a weakling in what is a very late game level"

By the time you hit the missing link section, you have accumulated so many abilities and guns, it makes sense they weaken you. If I still had all my stuff, the section would have been a cakewalk.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I cant believe its been six years. One of my favourite games and the missing link is also one of my favourite levels ever.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
By the time you hit the missing link section, you have accumulated so many abilities and guns, it makes sense they weaken you. If I still had all my stuff, the section would have been a cakewalk.
It's a poor design decision and is grossly unfair from a gameplay perspective.

When Missing Link was standalone that's totally understandable since they couldn't hook into the main game save. But in the integrated Director's Cut they should've given you back everything on the ship.