Deus Ex:HR - sudden sluggishness

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
I am replaying DE:HR on a new PC with GTX 560Ti video card, and I started experience periods of sluggishness at random intervals. Basically everything starts happening as if in slow motion with mouse lagging. It usually goes away after a few seconds but is extremely annoying. I played with various graphic settings, but to no avail.
Has anybody else had this issue and was able to resolve it?

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
Strange. I have 8GB of RAM and my page file is also enabled at around 4GB used with 12GB available. It does seem to go away after I save the game.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
I played this game on my 560ti with no problems. Try verifying integrity of game cache maybe? Any programs running in the background? I had plex installed on my sisters computer, and getting rid of that made a HUGE difference. I think it was trying to catalog everything on her hard drive, as she was trying to play games and it made the games basically unplayable.

EDIT: as long as this is a deus ex thread. What game should i play next. LOVED deus ex HR. Looking forward to dishonored, but id rather wait until its a bit cheaper. I was considering buying the MGS HD collection and playing on 360. MGS1 was one of my all time favorites, but i dont remember 2 that much (i think i played it), and after that i havent played any. Any stealth games that anyone can think of like that?

Last edited:

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
I got Dishonored and greatly enjoyed that. Also, Splinter Cell:Conviction that I got on sale is also pretty good, except for some annoying levels were if you get detected, it's game over.