Destroy Mecca: Change the face of Islam

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Yeah, let's take the 80% of Muslims who aren't actively fighting against us and make this a real world war!

Fixed. But the point stands.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pabster
Yeah, let's take the 80% of Muslims who aren't actively fighting against us and make this a real world war!

what realy? you think there are about 260.000.000 muslims fighting against the US?

1% would still be a stretch since that would mean 13.000.000 people

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar
what realy? you think there are about 260.000.000 muslims fighting against the US?

It depends on whose figures you believe. The lowest figures I've seen say between 5 and 7 percent are radical extremists. The higher figures say as much as 20%. I think the truth probably lies somewhere in-between, say 10 to 12 percent. Using 1.8 billion as the figure for all Muslims, that is an astounding number of people looking to destroy us.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

It depends on whose figures you believe. The lowest figures I've seen say between 5 and 7 percent are radical extremists. The higher figures say as much as 20%. I think the truth probably lies somewhere in-between, say 10 to 12 percent. Using 1.8 billion as the figure for all Muslims, that is an astounding number of people looking to destroy us.

By destroying mecca, and more to the fact nuking a whole city would make the current number of radical extremists completely useless. Btw, where did you find your numbers?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
By destroying mecca, and more to the fact nuking a whole city would make the current number of radical extremists completely useless. Btw, where did you find your numbers?

I agree, which is why I said it was a bad idea.

Numbers on radical Islam are all over the 'net. Google a bit.

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Yeah sure, lets go ahead & make ALL the Muslims hate us - the ones we have hating us now aren't enough

/sarcasm

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I agree, which is why I said it was a bad idea.

Numbers on radical Islam are all over the 'net. Google a bit.

Did google quite a bit and found nothing stated as a fact about the numbers.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003

not all extremists want to kill you.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: manowar821
Yeah, let's take the 90-95% of the approximately 1.2 - 1.5 million world-wide Muslims who aren't actively fighting against us and make this a real world war!

Fixed again

Fixed again, hands off my post. Ugh, I feel dirty when you guys touch my posts.

crisscross

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2001
Did you guys read the other stuff posted on that site? really says a lot about the people behind the site and those who visit it.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I do not believe for a minute that 5%+ of self-professed Muslims want the US to be destroyed, although the question is so vague anyway, what does destruction mean? Destruction of the current approach of the US or destruction of all its people?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If you desire to marginalize a religion, education and upward economic mobility are far more powerful and longer lasting weapons.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: Auryg
Worst. Idea. Ever.

"Hey, lets go poke that tiger in the eye!"
"Great idea!"

We're the tiger. We're already down one eye. Stand around watching the rats build a new poking stick, or take a swipe while we still can?

Dems see a new best friend, and wave some flags to direct the poker to our eye and not theirs. It's an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of deal, and in return we are to be pacified in such a manner as to permit further attacks.

We?re told there is no enemy as they raise the knife above our backs.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: K1052
If you desire to marginalize a religion, education and upward economic mobility are far more powerful and longer lasting weapons.

and when they systematically murder those who would bring that to their people?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Jaskalas

Dems see a new best friend, and wave some flags to direct the poker to our eye and not theirs. It's an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of deal, and in return we are to be pacified in such a manner as to permit further attacks.

We?re told there is no enemy as they raise the knife above our backs.

Wow! Did you do the translation yourself?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
No, I?m told America is the greatest threat to the world by our own people often enough. When these comments are made, they are directed towards Republicans.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I do not believe for a minute that 5%+ of self-professed Muslims want the US to be destroyed, although the question is so vague anyway, what does destruction mean? Destruction of the current approach of the US or destruction of all its people?

Do British Muslims really pose a threat to that country and its traditional values?

When asked, "Is Britain my country or their country?" one in four say it is not their own. Thirty percent of British Muslims would prefer to live under Sharia (Islamic religious) law than under British law. Half of those who express a preference for living under Sharia law say that, given the choice, they would move to a country governed by these laws.

Twenty-eight percent dream of the U.K. becoming a fundamentalist Islamic state, which comports with last year's Daily Telegraph newspaper survey that found one-third of British Muslims believe Western society is decadent and immoral and that Muslims should seek to end it.

The news is no less alarming on the question of freedom of speech. Seventy-eight percent support punishment for the journalists who earlier this year published cartoons featuring the Prophet Mohammed. Sixty-eight percent support arrest and prosecution for those British people who "insult Islam." When asked if free speech should be protected, even if it offends religious groups, 62% of British Muslims say it should not be.

According to NOP Research, "hardcore Islamists" constitute 9% of the British Muslim population. A slightly more "moderate" group is comprised of "staunch defenders of Islam." This second group comprises 29% of the British Muslim population. Young Muslims are significantly more likely than older Muslims to hold this position and, tellingly, are twice as likely as older Muslims to reject the democratic process.

Replacement of many of the core values of Western society with Islamic ones is the idea. While I'm not exactly for internment camps for Muslims, I don't think that the ideological threat is something to take lightly.

Nuking Mecca would obviously be a bad idea. Bin Ladin and his ilk are actually actively looking to precipitate a crisis in which the West overreacts and draws the Muslim world under his command (the old delusions of gradeur mania). It's kind of interesting to think about the aftermath; even if this made it 100x uglier, I still think that the West would get enough "defectors" to win. At the end of the day there are more reasonable people out there than there are violent nutcases.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: tomywishbone
This thread delivers. :D
Indeed, it really brings all the idiots out of the woodwork and into the open, starting with the OP.

TruthandGrace.com? Seriously?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: tomywishbone
This thread delivers. :D
Indeed, it really brings all the idiots out of the woodwork and into the open, starting with the OP.

TruthandGrace.com? Seriously?
Surely it does, you both showed up!

Oh crap, I guess I did too :eek:

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Striking pre-emptively might bring about a welcome change in Islam, when they realize that religion is meant to be metaphorical, and that they will never, ever, rule the world.

< really dark sarcasm >

While we're at it, let's do the same thing to Jerusalem and get rid of the stupidity inflicted on the world by some other lame religions at the same time. Maybe we should include Bethlehem, too. :roll:

< /really dark sarcasm >

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Harvey
Striking pre-emptively might bring about a welcome change in Islam, when they realize that religion is meant to be metaphorical, and that they will never, ever, rule the world.

< really dark sarcasm >

While we're at it, let's do the same thing to Jerusalem and get rid of the stupidity inflicted on the world by some other lame religions at the same time. Maybe we should include Bethlehem, too. :roll:

< /really dark sarcasm >

What's the capital of atheism? We need a nuke dialed in for that too...

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: Harvey

< really dark sarcasm >

< /really dark sarcasm >

What's the capital of atheism? We need a nuke dialed in for that too...

Chris Hitchen's house?