News Desperate for a GPU? Good news, the Geforce 730 is back!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
The GT730 is the finest piece of silicon graphics engineering of the last 25 years. It's beautifully balanced to perform incredible feats of 3D applications, and has more than 1 megabyte of video memory. It has a connection that will allow it to be installed into PCI express expansion slots, and even includes a heatsink and fan to provide cooling. A fine deal at any price for such a landmark example of computing hardware, I doubt you'll find a more respected and legendary model of GPU anywhere. And because it's relatively compact, you can remove it from your PC when you travel so that you can carry it in a glass case and display it to passersby, to small children, and to anyone lucky enough to cross your path. You must bestow upon them the privilege of being in the presence of this icon, this precipice of human achievement.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
The GT730 is the finest piece of silicon graphics engineering of the last 25 years. It's beautifully balanced to perform incredible feats of 3D applications, and has more than 1 megabyte of video memory. It has a connection that will allow it to be installed into PCI express expansion slots, and even includes a heatsink and fan to provide cooling. A fine deal at any price for such a landmark example of computing hardware, I doubt you'll find a more respected and legendary model of GPU anywhere. And because it's relatively compact, you can remove it from your PC when you travel so that you can carry it in a glass case and display it to passersby, to small children, and to anyone lucky enough to cross your path. You must bestow upon them the privilege of being in the presence of this icon, this precipice of human achievement.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND

It's .... beautiful ❤️ I've seen a lot of cards over the years, and this is a GT SEVEN THIRTY. It's the penultimate accomplishment of modern times!

nosurprises

Jan 4, 2021
LOOK WHAT I FOUND

It's .... beautiful ❤ I've seen a lot of cards over the years, and this is a GT SEVEN THIRTY. It's the penultimate accomplishment of modern times!
What's the blue socket in the middle? Is it a future interface?

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
What's the blue socket in the middle? Is it a future interface?

Yes! That is what is called a Video Graphics Array! It is a fantastic 15 pin system that is the ultimate in low lag connections! It moves all of the display circuitry and logic to the graphics card, so the monitor becomes nothing more then a cheap and interchangeable low latency display!

It is the future of low latency gaming!

nosurprises

Jan 4, 2021
Yes! That is what is called a Video Graphics Array! It is a fantastic 15 pin system that is the ultimate in low lag connections! It moves all of the display circuitry and logic to the graphics card, so the monitor becomes nothing more then a cheap and interchangeable low latency display!

It is the future of low latency gaming!
Everyone! The future of GPU is looking bright!

You know, I don't think those 3 interfaces had ever been fused on the same graphic card until this engineering marvel.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
this should of been the meme for this crypto craze, with gandolf being a 3080 and the balrog being miners/scalpers. \
How the scalpers always get the last whip, with the vendors telling us to fly while they try to hold them back.

Or the balrog could be NVIDIA and that last whip is the 3080ti, and them trying to milk us for what they can, and gandolf
(helping gamers) telling us to fly and look the otherway.