desktop troubleshoot no signal - Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terramoto

May 23, 2018
Hello,

I've recently build a PC and i have been having some issues, at a random time the display loses signal while the sound keeps playing in the background, i'm not sure if in a loop, at which point only a reset fixes. Windows does not report any event error, i've ran hwinfo64 to log the temperatures but everything appears to be normal, temperature wise.

Note: This happens mostly during games but some times after work i turn off the monitor and leave the machine running until i get back to it but by the time i get back and turn on the monitor i get no signal. I've also have the issue where my mouse doesn't power up when i turn on the computer in which case i'll have to re-seat the usb in order to get it back on. This got me suspicious of the motherboard.

Hardware:
ab350m pro4
Ryzen 1600
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 16GB 2x8GB CL15
WD Green SSD M.2 240GB SATA3
R9 270x hawk
Corsair CX650M 650W 80 Plus Bronze

Thoughts: The R9 270x Hawk seems to be the culprit as it has been OC before but at the time of the signal loss the temperatures are below 70ºC and on the previous machine i didn'd had this issue, after reading about the ab350m problems and since the build is quite recent i would like to test the new components as the GPU is currently waiting for the 1180 release.

Any idea on how i can pin point this?

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
OP has already figured out the problem so the thread will be locked per request.

Status
Not open for further replies.