Designated Survivor (TV show)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
so you prefer the politics side of the show?
ala west wing?

I never watched West Wing but I think it's because when characters in shows do stuff that goes against general common sense, which happened a lot during the first half of the series with the conspiracy. Right when the second half started and Maggie Q actually got to tell Jack Bauer what was up the show got more interesting to me.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
season 2:
it's back to the conspiracy theory.

2 agents corner the guy responsible for the bombing of the Capitol.
he's holed up in some bunker.
military set up a perimeter.

the 2 agents figure out a backdoor into the bunker and go in.
1) they don't alert anybody?!
2) they're not wearing body armor, nor did they bring assault rifles?? just their sidearms?
3) the bunker is wired with cameras. if the military breaches, he launches the poison gas.
yet there's no camera around the backdoor area?!?!?!

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
Also the dude escape the internet trap and uploaded "something", the hunt continue.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I enjoy the show as just kind of mindless entertainment but I mainly started watching because I like Kiefer Sutherland. And the young lady that plays Emily... mother of God. So gorgeous.

LOL, but JEDI has a good point about that backdoor entrance to the bunker. I guess I don't typically pick up on that even though it's rather dumb. I dunno, I tend to kind of turn my critical thinking off for most shows/movies and just enjoy the entertainment. But I can see not everyone does that.

Reactions: NoTine42

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
They kinda changed the format of the show a bit, though. They tried to make it a bit "edgier" for Netflix in season 3. I don't think that they really made it better, though.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I am watching the Korean adaptation called 60 Day Designated Survivor.