describe your perfect keyboard

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
The requirements for a perfect keyboard for me are:

[*]a long backspace key (this is a must)
[*]the forward slash key on the left of the right shift key
[*]a built in palm rest
[*]spaced out keys
[*]arrow keys are layed out like an upsidedown capital T

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000

<< The requirements for a perfect keyboard for me are:

[*]a long backspace key (this is a must)
[*]the forward slash key on the left of the right shift key
[*]a built in palm rest
[*]spaced out keys
[*]arrow keys are layed out like an upsidedown capital T
>>

Same thing but add a Backlight

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Yes. Clacking is fun. I remember in my typing class in high school, people would hit the space bar extra hard. You could hear a murmur of keys being pressed and then a sudden CLACK from the spacebar. It was great.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
My perfect keyboard has about three or four women attached to it ready to service me while I use the computer.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< That's easy, the original IBM PS/2 keyboard.

Zenmervolt
>>

No, it's definitely the NORTHGATE OMNIKEY!!!!!!

Do I smell a holy war?

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
perfect keyboard... tactile clicky keys, upside down t shaped arrows, large backslash above enter, large backspace key, programmable button keys to launch apps or carry out macros.. built in trackball, and a built in scroll wheel. and winamp/cd player controls onbaord, and instant shutdown button. and backlighting would rule too, kinda illuminate the keys.

incidentaly, the closest I could find to my perfect kb is made by focus, and I have it.. it has everything I listed above except the backlighting, scroll wheel, and winamp controls. it would own if it had those. I could probably rig it up to be backlit if I wasnt lazy

Androck99

Jun 17, 2000
My only requirements are that it's NOT one of those hokey ergonomic ones and that it has a long back space bar...

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
A decent sized backspace/delete, oversized ctrl key, NO CAPS LOCK, no windows key, large enter with a smaller backslash/pipe key. Happy hacker keyboard is almost perfect.