DeSantis now dictating school curriculums from the capital of Florida

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
DeSantis mandates by law Students be taught to hate Communist leaders. Indoctrination 101. Do this instead of just teaching the history and let students draw conclusions.

I'm sure next from the DeSantis propaganda camp.

1 hour seminar titled "Hitler was bad"
"Apartheid, was it really that bad?" (not sure they can teach this one since it involves race)

DeSantis signs bill mandating communism lessons in class, as GOP leans on education (msn.com)
Public school teachers in Florida will soon be required to dedicate at least 45 minutes of instruction on “Victims of Communism Day” to teach students about communist leaders around the world and how people suffered under those regimes.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sigh. This is stupid and is probably only going to get stupider over the next 24 months. It's completely obvious that things like this are DeSantis desperately searching around for a new thing to culture war about. As he uses things up he's going to have to dig deeper and deeper into the bog of stupidity.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Sigh. This is stupid and is probably only going to get stupider over the next 24 months. It's completely obvious that things like this are DeSantis desperately searching around for a new thing to culture war about. As he uses things up he's going to have to dig deeper and deeper into the bog of stupidity.
Yeah like, dude, seriously...pace yourself.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
But, gosh, isn't Russia an admirable country now, and aren't they communist? This is all so confusing...

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
What about "Victims of Facism Day"? They'll have lots of victims once SCOTUS overturns Roe.

• Haha
Reactions: Luna1968

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
DeSantis mandates by law Students be taught to hate Communist leaders. Indoctrination 101. Do this instead of just teaching the history and let students draw conclusions.

"Apartheid, was it really that bad?" (not sure they can teach this one since it involves race)

DeSantis signs bill mandating communism lessons in class, as GOP leans on education (msn.com)
So Trump needs to be reeducated?

• Haha
Reactions: Lezunto

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

They should have a class on The Victims Of #DeathSantis.

They could discuss how ignoring a deadly virus might be hazardous to your health.
1652135601945.jpeg

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
That’s pretty much how it all worked out with weed and the war on drugs right?

Students will be taught communism is evil. Then Students will be taught Democrats are communists. Gaslight, Propagate, Propagandize.

They can teach how people suffered under Stalin, Mao and Castro, as well as “poverty, starvation, migration, systemic lethal violence, and suppression of speech” endured under those regimes. But, they can’t learn about how black people suffered under slavery and Jim Crow.

Indoctrination - the ability to do they're own research, and critical thinking has been purposely left out of the curriculum.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
DeCrazy is just trying to out Trump Donald Trump.
The race to the bottom.
Where do these people come from anyway? Soviet training camps?
DeCrazy wants to run for president, but there is a problem... Trump might want to run for president too, and then what will DeCrazy do? Roll over and play dead?

Reactions: hal2kilo

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I can just about guarantee this is going to backfire. In my experience any sort of mandatory lecture in political doctrine will turn off the vast majority of students and many will seek out the opposite views voluntarily.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Jan 25, 2011
Yearbooks held hostage.

Florida School Yearbook on Hold Over Student Protest Photos

Students at a central Florida high school were told they won’t get their yearbooks until they're censored.
Associated Press
May 10, 2022
Lemme guess... black person's picture = CRT right? If there's a rainbow it's gotta go?

EDIT: Holy Shit I should have RTFA. They are censoring pictures of students using their First Amendment rights and expressing themselves??? Are you fucking kidding me?

Ya'll are fucked.

Last edited: