DeSantis is now into human trafficking

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If DeSantis and Abbot want to have some fun from transporting immigrants to Democrat strongholds, shouldn't these two clowns be personally billed for the room/board/ancillaries those immigrants incur because those two pranksters came up with this smart-ass scheme and should be held personally responsible for the costs of their gag?

Bill should read "Thank you for sending us these Democrats of the future so that we may help you settle them into our society. However, your wards have incurred expenses that I'm sure you are willing to pay for in a timely manner. Let's discuss how you may arrange for paying for their care and travel expenses that you will incur from sending them back to you after they've been properly indoctrinated into the liberal democratic principles we believe in."

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
So you don't have an answer either. Typical.
Whatever the answers are to any of our problems, they're not going to come from divisive political stunts like this.

And that brings us to a key difference between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives perceive a crisis at the border, see liberals as unsympathetic to the issue, and think they can get it addressed by shipping migrants to areas with liberal populations. Worse still, they taunt and laugh about their little immoral stunt.
While liberals are dealing with a severe homeless crisis, which conservatives are highly antipathetic to, but you don't see any liberal governors shipping homeless people to red states, do you? In fact, they would never consider doing such a thing.
There is no both sides anymore. One side is clearly bereft of any traces of morality and compassion, and see all of this political theater as no different than pro wrestling.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
50 Migrants needs a "emergency humanitarian response". Then we need to mobilize a shitload of the National Guardsmen nationwide and send them to Arizona and Texas.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z and iRONic

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
50 Migrants needs a "emergency humanitarian response". Then we need to mobilize a shitload of the National Guardsmen nationwide and send them to Arizona and Texas.

Do you know how I know you are brainwashed and incapable of thinking for yourself?

Because you repeated right wing lies. I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror before all semblance of a reasonable human being is gone.

Our ruling
An Instagram post Martha’s Vineyard "used the military to deport every last illegal migrant from their island."

That is not what happened. The Massachusetts governor, in coordination with state and local officials, offered to move the migrants, on a voluntary basis, to Joint Base Cape Cod, a military base that’s also one of the state’s designated emergency shelters. The site has the space to care for the immigrants that Martha’s Vineyard does not. The military was not involved in the voluntary transport.

Uncritical thinkers is about as nice as you can state the level of ignorance the right possess.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Do you know how I know you are brainwashed and incapable of thinking for yourself?

Because you repeated right wing lies. I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror before all semblance of a reasonable human being is gone.

Uncritical thinkers is about as nice as you can state the level of ignorance the right possess.

I never said that the Military deported anyone. I only asked why the National Guard were called up to assist with only 50 migrants. Seems stupid in my opinion.

They were activated for these migrants, regardless of what you posted.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Those governors are perfectly able to do so. They command their state's national guards. It's telling that they haven't, no?

You mean like the Texas National Guard that closed and locked a border gate and the Federal Authorities overrode them and opened the gate?

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Can you tell us why you feel you need to lie?

Sure I did.

Why did they need the National Guard to move 50 cooperative migrants?

I never said that the Military deported anyone. I only asked why the National Guard were called up to assist with only 50 migrants. Seems stupid in my opinion.

They were activated for these migrants, regardless of what you posted.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
No my issue isn't with MA, it is with the open invasion being allowed at our southern border along with the drugs and Human Trafficking the current administration is supporting.

so to be clear, you don’t actually care that the MA guard was used to manage the situation. If that’s the case, then why bother repeatedly saying it.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
so to be clear, you don’t actually care that the MA guard was used to manage the situation. If that’s the case, then why bother repeatedly saying it.

Liars gonna lie. He already outright lied in this thread once and he’ll do it again. It’s a defense mechanism for those who put feels before facts.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
You mean like the Texas National Guard that closed and locked a border gate and the Federal Authorities overrode them and opened the gate?

what’s the problem? Did the CBP overstep?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
No my issue isn't with MA, it is with the open invasion being allowed at our southern border along with the drugs and Human Trafficking the current administration is supporting.

So you have no answers, typical.

Shutting down the legal ports of entry and making it very difficult to cross the border at those points and present their case is what drives human trafficking. You know the policies the Trump administration put into place.

Reactions: hal2kilo