DeSantis is now into human trafficking

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
“There was no advance notice to anyone in Martha’s Vineyard or Massachusetts that these migrants were arriving to my knowledge,” Cyr said.
“The island scrambled to respond,” he added. “They essentially set up shelters, the equivalent of a hurricane or Nor’easter. They set that up in a matter of hours and these families received a meal. They were Covid tested and are spending the night in shelters at several churches on the island.”

Of course MA responded like that, we’re typically well prepared.

can’t wait for the next hurricane, u ready FL?
I will be honest... I think Florida is prepared for natural disasters..... it's a different story for Texas however.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Do you have to be gagged and bag over head for it to constitute kidnapping? Seriously, I can see this one going both ways. I think I’d call it kidnapping… false pretenses right? Like the pedo that has been sent by the kids mother to pick him up?

If a child is lured into a van for candy, they are consenting to being taken, along the same lines, if an immigrant seeking asylum is lured on a plane for quicker processing when in fact that’s not what’s going to happen, well they consented to it so it’s all good.

/s

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I’m going to start replying to these threads with all the right wing talking ahead of time before they even get a chance to post them, I think it’ll save time and keep the threat from being derailed by stupidity.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If a child is lured into a van for candy, they are consenting to being taken, along the same lines, if an immigrant seeking asylum is lured on a plane for quicker processing when in fact that’s not what’s going to happen, well they consented to it so it’s all good.

/s
Exactly. /s

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
still here illegally and these are not random locations. It appears to be deliberate locations where illegals can best be accepted. things like sanctuary communities or states that welcome illegals, well off resource rich communities so i see this as relieving a burden on locaitons that can't handle hundreds or thousands of illegals a day and instead ensure illegals are sent to those places where they can best be cared for.

good all around wouldn't you agree - the best place for illegals is where they are welcome and can be cared for- yes?

People aren't illegal.

You can't be an illegal person. It doesn't exist. The entire concept is figuratively, grammatically, philosophically, and actually legally impossible, in actual legal theory and argument. It isn't a state of being that can ever possibly exist.

It's weird how the illiterate keep insisting that it's a thing. And here they are.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
no, they are still here illegally. so these illegals, if they did apply for asylum, (which I am not aware of but could be the case) would of course have to be processed and while doing so it still makes sense to place these illegals temporarily in places that have the resources to best provide all the services they would require.
ah so they appeared at a US consulate, embassy or other legally authorized location and requested asylum? I did not catch that.
You're a lying POS.

Federal law, cited in the Florida budget language, dictates those migrants who have future asylum determination proceedings are lawfully present in the US until a federal judge makes a determination otherwise.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
People who think it’s admirable or amusing the governor decided to “troll” with these people seem to subscribe to his idea that they are simply disposable things unworthy of better treatment. Cruelty is funny though right and so is fucking over the vulnerable. Hilarious stuff.

It's how you get to the point in your life when you champion locking up kids in cages and kidnapping them, separting them from their families and ...yep, 4 years later, some 300+ of those kids are still missing.

yep. that's what happened.

Because shitbird republicans cheered and championed mass kidnapping of "the others."

Imagine if anyone did that to their children.

fucking imagine.

Someone should.

Yeah, shit. To be honest, I can't imagine that a single conservative brain can be considered responsible enough to raise any human child. Shit, just look at them. They are fucking ghouls. Can you imagine them ever attempting to raise any human to be better than themselves? lol. seriously.

How is it legal for them to be allowed to raise children at this point? I don't get it, to be honest.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Shit.

this is like, some serious federal crimes by a fucking governor that fancies himself a human. Holy crap

We've got in like, 1 day, a federal judge in Florida and a so-called governor in Florida just outright shitting on the law, and indeed committing actual federal crimes in front of us, just right there! Not even giving any fucks whatsoever.

Democracy and certainly not the United States can actually exist as long as conservatism and the GOP is it all around. These shits need to go.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Let's try dealing with reality for a change.

I don't have to prove anything about sky high rents in New York City. I think enough has been written about that. And if you're not aware of this, then you really have not been paying attention.

Stop trying to wish away the truth. It never works. The financial outlook for NYC is not good. And the arrivals of thousands of migrants are straining resources and the city's budget.

New York City would face financial turmoil even without its commitment to guarantee a place in shelters for anybody who shows up. But recent events have worsened the outlook. That's not my opinion. Sadly, it just happens to be the truth.

Some of you think I am siding with Republicans. I'm not. I'm siding with the working poor, elderly and marginally surviving who already live in New York City and surrounding areas. You just want everyone to march in lockstep with you. But I never bought into your Progressive bullchit.

Very few of you have solutions, just anger. Here, get angry at real reporters who write informative pieces.

you are the weirdest version of a self-hating closet conservative of the ~1970s stripe that I have seen in a very long time.

Seriously, I get it now. Stop pretending, lol.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Lol was about to post something like trying to snatch up Trumps base with this shit, then the forums acted up (ddos?), then fell over this:
Bitch is creating “running for president” material, sent photographers along…
….. and treated those poor people like “dirty jews”. Disgusting.

so, if he sent a videographer to document his crimes, and doing so while commiting tax payer fraud(?) of the state of Florida by spending his voter's cash on trafficking migrants from another state, where he has zero jurisdiction (a crime anyway, no?)....one wonders what he was actually using to pay for this.

uh, campaign money? Are we going to see some bogus expenses appear on his campaign records that strangely match the cost of such a flight from Texas to Martha's Vineyard, around this same time? It will be some "speaking engagement" or some nonsense.

So like, did this piece of human effluent actually spend campaign dollars to commit multiple federal crimes? (and I'm also guessing campaign finance fraud?)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Ironic,

And I'm not that new. Think you can go a full day without resorting to insults?

I've been mentioning long time New Yorkers who may be affected negatively by budget cutbacks ordered by city officials who feel they are responsible for migrants who show up in their city. I never advocated for anyone to be deported.

And there you go again. No one has been kidnapped. They might have been lied to, misdirected and encouraged to board transport under the guise of being sent to Nirvana, but no one was kidnapped. This is just more of your hyperbole.

Go get a job at Fox News. You'd be great there for as much lying and exaggerating that some of you do.

Or file a lawsuit with immigration groups and allege kidnapping.

I want all to be happy, feel secure and have enough to eat. But the way we're fighting each other all the dang time, I don't see a positive outcome for everyone.

And I am beginning to suspect that is what some of you want. To trample certain ones you just don't like.

You don't at all know what legally qualifies for kidnapping, do you?

Why are you so sure and serious about how right you are about a thing, when it is obvious to everyone else that you are just completely clueless about that thing in very simply-researched-ways? How does someone get this way?

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Newsome asks AG Garland to investigate.

FcuE0h_aIAMhVQ3

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Maybe these blue states could round up some of the convicted felons in the state, offer them conditional pardons...bus/fly them into Tex-Ass and Flori-Duh...send them plenty of Democrats/Liberals.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Well let’s see new polls to see if this backfired for DeSantis. Scary but for Texas, 52% of polled approve of shipping out asylum seekers including 50% of independents.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
so, if he sent a videographer to document his crimes, and doing so while commiting tax payer fraud(?) of the state of Florida by spending his voter's cash on trafficking migrants from another state, where he has zero jurisdiction (a crime anyway, no?)....one wonders what he was actually using to pay for this.

uh, campaign money? Are we going to see some bogus expenses appear on his campaign records that strangely match the cost of such a flight from Texas to Martha's Vineyard, around this same time? It will be some "speaking engagement" or some nonsense.

So like, did this piece of human effluent actually spend campaign dollars to commit multiple federal crimes? (and I'm also guessing campaign finance fraud?)
Probably, but this fucker aint dumb trump he is Smart-Trump… doubt you’ll ever prove it. This dude is fucking dangerous, he can and will adopt Trumps base… wait for it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Probably, but this fucker aint dumb trump he is Smart-Trump… doubt you’ll ever prove it. This dude is fucking dangerous, he can and will adopt Trumps base… wait for it.

I don't disagree.

We've pretty clearly reached a point now where the fascist GOP has riled up their drooling sycophants to the point where any justified legal action against their bold open-air crimes will stir them into violent and bloody protest. That's the fish these assholes have tossed on the table.

Regardless, I think DoJ has to start going hard at these criminals because you can't simply allow them to flaunt wealth, power, and craven inhumanity in the dispensing of stark crimes against the United States, without punishment.

Call their bluff. It could well be that the yeehadists out there currently screaming for the death of the vast majority of Americans in defense of their collective mental illness will just turn out to be less capable than the current crop of Russian conscripts leading themselves into slaughter in UKR. Meaning, I'm not sure real blood will happen, because these toothless simpletons may just turn tail at any real threat or command and seek comfort back home with their Hot Pockets.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
People aren't illegal.

You can't be an illegal person. It doesn't exist. The entire concept is figuratively, grammatically, philosophically, and actually legally impossible, in actual legal theory and argument. It isn't a state of being that can ever possibly exist.

It's weird how the illiterate keep insisting that it's a thing. And here they are.
I think the legal classification is illegal alien. They are not migrants. You having any shred of intelligence seems to be illegal. It shouldn't be the case but you seem to defy the odds. If nothing else, you can at least take away the fact that you don't let the odds stand in your way.