DeSantis is now into human trafficking

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Send more.

Send em all really and then watch demographic appropriation next cycle.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Why is this group considered illegal immigrants vs asylum seekers? And what’s the length of time to be granted asylum to be able to apply for citizenship to then be able to vote out this Repugican scum?

Reactions: Linux23

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
“There was no advance notice to anyone in Martha’s Vineyard or Massachusetts that these migrants were arriving to my knowledge,” Cyr said.
“The island scrambled to respond,” he added. “They essentially set up shelters, the equivalent of a hurricane or Nor’easter. They set that up in a matter of hours and these families received a meal. They were Covid tested and are spending the night in shelters at several churches on the island.”

Of course MA responded like that, we’re typically well prepared.

can’t wait for the next hurricane, u ready FL?

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Didnt someone comment on this backfiring immensely? How the TX immigration courts reject 80-90% of asylum petitions but other jurisdictions GRANT 80-90%? Not sure how that compares to FL.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Didnt someone comment on this backfiring immensely? How the TX immigration courts reject 80-90% of asylum petitions but other jurisdictions GRANT 80-90%? Not sure how that compares to FL.
I don't think they care about the outcome of the cases in the slightest, they are trying to get attention for the Republican presidential primary and Republican primary voters like attacking immigrants.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Becoming upset over having to share the burden of your decision not to close the border?
If the border isn't closed now, given the resources available to the Border Patrol, then a top to bottom shake up of DHS is in order. A mass firing of Border Patrol agents is in order for dereliction of duty.

Back on topic: asylum seekers are not here illegally. But you know that already.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
Personally I understand the hardship that individual states have to deal with. The federal government should be picking up the tab and spreading out the load between all the states.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
“There was no advance notice to anyone in Martha’s Vineyard or Massachusetts that these migrants were arriving to my knowledge,” Cyr said.
“The island scrambled to respond,” he added. “They essentially set up shelters, the equivalent of a hurricane or Nor’easter. They set that up in a matter of hours and these families received a meal. They were Covid tested and are spending the night in shelters at several churches on the island.”

Massachusetts making Florida look like a shithole run by a hateful attention whore. As usual I am proud to live here.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Massachusetts making Florida look like a shithole run by a hateful attention whore. As usual I am proud to live here.

Bolded is the truth of this situation. That's the only reason it's being done.

And he's got a press conference today @11am to talk about it all. Over/under on how many times he says "woke"???

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Florida look like a shithole run by a hateful attention whore

There is no human cost too high for DeSantis not to incur in the name of trolling/hurting liberals to amuse his base.

If he could shoot people and it would help him politically he would. Another creepy ambitious psycho who is totally unmoored to any sense of rights, fairness, ethics, or compassion. It's basically like if you make Trump smarter and way less charismatic.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Seems the most humane way - ensure the illegal immigrants get all the resources needed that a wealthy community has to offer. I would think much better than say Eagle pass TX trying to deal with hundreds every day - a relatively poorer (middle class??) community

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and iRONic