Derivatives Debacle Deciphered

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: chess9
Originally posted by: alchemize
What does Robin Hood do when he opens his bag of loot to dispense to the poor, and it's filled with IOU's?

Exactly! The irony of a Democratic Party President destroying the social safety net would be funny if it weren't so bloody tragic.

-Robert

It WOULD be hilarious if it turned out us nutty third party kooks were right all along. ;)

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: nobodyknows
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Too big to fail my ass, if they're too big to fail then they're too big to prop up.

That's a distinct possibility.

LMFAO! Good one!

Well, Obama will keep giving until the Chinese say NO MAS! That should be every American's fear.

I wonder what the political hit of all of this is going to be? Right now, I wouldn't give Obama a snowball's chance in hell of getting re-elected, but that day is a long way off. I'd think twice before voting for him AGAIN at this rate. He's disappointed on several large issues, which has me very concerned.

-Robert

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: chess9
I wonder what the political hit of all of this is going to be? Right now, I wouldn't give Obama a snowball's chance in hell of getting re-elected, but that day is a long way off. I'd think twice before voting for him AGAIN at this rate. He's disappointed on several large issues, which has me very concerned.

-Robert

Well, you have to remember that the question will be whether the disastrous Republicans are better, and Obama is very likely to get the Democratic nomination.

The voters have short memories though, and in no time the marketing about the Republicans being 'the grownups' and 'fiscally responsible' and such will be listened to.