Deputy AG Rosenstein's committee testimony

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Hired to investigate some real estates deal and instead looks into Clinton's bedroom. That is the problem with special counsels, what they are hired to investigate often turns into a political witch hunt.
The Dems foolishly egged him on. When Starr concluded there was nothing to the Whitewater deal the Dems pulled a juvenile "told you so". Starr got pissed and decided to keep the investigation open.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
These idiots could try and link Bob Mueller to Planned Parenthood and it wouldn't surprise me. Just imagine the graphs.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press" I missed the part where he asked the Russians to hack. He said it was up to the current President to tell foreign governments to hack in response to the reporter's question. Try again.

So, uhh, how would the Russians find the requested emails other than by hacking?

The part he didn't mention was that his campaign would be mightily rewarded, as well. They were, of course, by the hacks of the DNC & Podesta's emails....

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
So, uhh, how would the Russians find the requested emails other than by hacking?

The part he didn't mention was that his campaign would be mightily rewarded, as well. They were, of course, by the hacks of the DNC & Podesta's emails....
What DNC hack? You mean the one where no one could investigate it?

Nov 30, 2006
These agents are true patriots. If only the Republican Party could have saved themselves and the country from such a toxic candidate.

/queue Hillary deflection...
And it's a damn good thing these "true patriots" had an "insurance policy". /s

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And it's a damn good thing these "patriots" had an "insurance policy". /s

Of course the only problem with that is that there's literally zero evidence that anything improper has occurred.

To see just how insane the standard that Republicans are trying to use is, replace Trump with a mob boss. (it's easier than you think, haha!) Imagine if it surfaced that FBI agents had sent texts back and forth talking about what a scumbag the mob boss was. What would the reaction be? 'No shit', I imagine. No one would be saying that because the FBI held this mobster in low esteem that their investigation was improper, yet that's exactly what Republicans are trying to do here.

It's an attempt at an ideological purge of investigators who don't like Trump. This is the sort of thing dictatorships commonly do. We should be outraged, but at the Republicans for attempting to purge unfriendly government officials.

Nov 30, 2006
Of course the only problem with that is that there's literally zero evidence that anything improper has occurred.

To see just how insane the standard that Republicans are trying to use is, replace Trump with a mob boss. (it's easier than you think, haha!) Imagine if it surfaced that FBI agents had sent texts back and forth talking about what a scumbag the mob boss was. What would the reaction be? 'No shit', I imagine. No one would be saying that because the FBI held this mobster in low esteem that their investigation was improper, yet that's exactly what Republicans are trying to do here.

It's an attempt at an ideological purge of investigators who don't like Trump. This is the sort of thing dictatorships commonly do. We should be outraged, but at the Republicans for attempting to purge unfriendly government officials.
Don't you even have the slightest curiosity as to the "insurance policy" they were referring to in that meeting with McCabe?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Don't you even have the slightest curiosity as to the "insurance policy" they were referring to in that meeting with McCabe?

Sure! And if there is literally even a single shred of evidence that such an 'insurance policy' was improper conduct I would be very much against it. As of this moment however there isn't. Remember: not One. Single. Shred.

Don't you have even the slightest outrage at the ideological purge that Congress is attempting to undertake? Doesn't that seem really, REALLY bad?

Reactions: Younigue

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I also find it funny that conservatives were outraged about leaks and yet they just leaked the contents of the text messages during an active investigation.

It's almost as if their outrage wasn't genuine!

Reactions: Younigue

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press" I missed the part where he asked the Russians to hack. He said it was up to the current President to tell foreign governments to hack in response to the reporter's question. Try again.
Breaking into someones server to retrieve anything is hacking or are you too stupid to know that definition.