cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Link

5 teenagers in a stolen vehicle.
Driver hits an officer approaching the vehicle - Injuries - broken leg
Driver is shot and dies later

Mom says girl is a "good girl":\

News does not indicate race of girl; however, interviews are with good friends who are black.

Why do people think that they can assault people without consequences :confused:

Sephire

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2011
People are so quick to pull the race car.

latest

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Seems like they don't know anything yet. "Seems to be a teenager" More like "We hope its a teenager so there will be more outrage."

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Why does it matter if she was black?

Ferguson :(

At this point the media have not tried to whip up a frenzy.
Maybe they have now learned their lesson? doubt it - suspect tjat the PD has not released information because of lessons learned.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Ferguson :(

At this point the media have not tried to whip up a frenzy.
Maybe they have now learned their lesson? doubt it - suspect tjat the PD has not released information because of lessons learned.

So your intention was to stir up a frenzy?
About race?

Dude...

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
i had no idea that death was the penalty for stealing a car and hitting a cop...

who needs courtrooms?

cops are apparently judges, juries, and executioners.

due process is for the weak!

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
i had no idea that death was the penalty for stealing a car and hitting a cop...

who needs courtrooms?

cops are apparently judges, juries, and executioners.

due process is for the weak!

Cars are deadly weapons when being aimed at people. Cops have a right to defend themselves and I would extend the same to any citizen who some idiot is trying to run down. This isn't a hard call.

Dec 10, 2005
Reminds me of this story: http://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/20/opinion/in-america-police-restraint.html

Rachel Ellen Ondersma, a 17-year-old high school senior, was stopped by the state police in Grand Rapids, Mich., early on the morning of Nov. 14, 1998. She had been driving erratically. When she failed a Breathalyzer test, the cops placed her under arrest.

An officer cuffed the girl's hands behind her, put her in the back seat of a police cruiser and locked the doors, leaving her alone. What happened after that was captured on a video camera mounted inside the vehicle. And while it would eventually be shown on the Fox television program ''World's Wackiest Police Videos,'' it was not funny.

The video camera showed a clear view through the windshield of the police cruiser. The microphone picked up the sound of Ms. Ondersma sobbing, and then the clink of the handcuffs as she began maneuvering to free herself. She apparently stepped through her arms so that her hands, still cuffed, were in front of her. She then climbed into the front seat of the cruiser, slid behind the wheel and started the engine. As officers shouted, ''Hey! Stop!,'' she roared off.

With several cars chasing her, the drunken teen-ager roared onto a freeway, where she was clocked at speeds that reached 80 miles per hour. At least two police cars got into the lane in front of her and slowed down while another closed in from the right. ''Oh no!'' cried Ms. Ondersma as she crashed into a concrete median on her left. She seemed boxed in. The video showed cops leaping from their cars and heading toward her.

Ms. Ondersma threw the cruiser into reverse, backed up, then lurched forward, plowing into one of the police cars. At that point gunfire can be heard as cops began shooting out her tires. The teen-ager would not stop. She backed up, then lurched forward again, hitting the cop car one more time. An officer had to leap out of the way to keep from being struck.

Somehow Ms. Ondersma, a clear and potentially fatal threat to anyone on the highway, managed yet again to get away. But this time, with at least two tires flat, she could no longer control the vehicle. She crashed into another concrete divider and finally was surrounded.

For me the most astonishing part of the video came next. Ms. Ondersma, upset, was pulled from the cruiser. She was not treated roughly. There was no cursing by the police, no ranting and raving, no evidence that the cops were particularly upset at all. One officer said to Ms. Ondersma: ''Calm down, all right? I think you've caused enough trouble for today.''

Last edited:

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Cops don't normally shoot white teenage girls.

My white 19yo (at the time) female coworker got drunk and angry at a cop for pulling her over (for a DUI) and he (cop) shot her in the face, chest, and neck.

Cute little middle class redhead. 5'2 110 pounds

It happens.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
My white 19yo (at the time) female coworker got drunk and angry at a cop for pulling her over (for a DUI) and he (cop) shot her in the face, chest, and neck.

It happens.

So she didn't die?

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006

It happens.

samantha ramsey?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I don't give a fuck what color you are. you run over a cop expect to get shot.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Cars are deadly weapons when being aimed at people. Cops have a right to defend themselves and I would extend the same to any citizen who some idiot is trying to run down. This isn't a hard call.

Not if you don't have a soul.