Denver people, a little help

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Might need to go to Denver in August for a week or so. I have the option of staying downtown or in the suburbs. I'll be splitting my time between downtown (work near the Civic Center) or places in the area (pleasure).

Should I stay downtown and drive out of the city on the days I have free? Or stay in the suburbs and drive into downtown on the days I work? I'm not familiar with the traffic situation. If it's the suburbs, any particular area? Stay close to the light rail?

On the days I'm not working, I'll be doing the usual tourist stuff - Red Rocks, Zoo, etc. Suggestions there are also welcome.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Traffic isn't terrible in the city. I mean it's bad, but its no 4 hour long rush hour like Philly.

CombatChuk

Platinum Member
Jul 19, 2000
Go Up to Boulder and Check out Pearl Street Mall it's pretty cool. A drive to Estes Park is real scenic and the town is quite lovely.

CombatChuk

Platinum Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by: kranky
Might need to go to Denver in August for a week or so. I have the option of staying downtown or in the suburbs. I'll be splitting my time between downtown (work near the Civic Center) or places in the area (pleasure).

Should I stay downtown and drive out of the city on the days I have free? Or stay in the suburbs and drive into downtown on the days I work? I'm not familiar with the traffic situation. If it's the suburbs, any particular area? Stay close to the light rail?

On the days I'm not working, I'll be doing the usual tourist stuff - Red Rocks, Zoo, etc. Suggestions there are also welcome.

Downtown Denver isn't that big, but it's a cool place to be (especially in Lower Downtown known as LoDo). The suburbs are just that, Golden is also a cool town to visit. It has the old town feeling...

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Bailey has a bar that is pretty manly. It happens to be the only bar. Otherwise you can check out Littleton and take pics of the new school library. Haven't seen it for a while.

broon

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2002
Stay close to where you are working. The drive out will be better than the drive in. Plus, there is plenty to do downtown.