Dems keep saying Healthcare bill lowers costs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Any big government program lowers costs if the program includes enough tax increases and those tax increase actually becomes reality. That's what Obama and the democrats are doing.

Politicians are getting smarter these days, they learn to package their programs with bunch of add-ons and make the whole package an easier sell. Let's see if Americans are dumb enough to just eat it up.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
As much as Paul has basicly said the trueth here. I could care less. I really haven't said much about health care because of the time frame. 2 men in the world today well defeat this bill . Just 2 Godly rightious men will end this debate . How will they do this ? By simply uttering of words. They will not prophesied. For prophecy looks forward . These 2 men will utter words and those words will be for that time . This bill tho passed will never see the light of day . Lets say california has a 10x earth shaker this year. The medical cost alone would bankrupt this country let alone bankrupt an already bankrupt california.

This bill will never bare fruit ever . So it was written so shall it be.

Spoken like a true republican. Congrats I don't know what you win but you win something!

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Of course it doesn't lower costs. Everyone knows this.

Wow. What an amazingly convincing argument.

Let me make an equally convincing argument for the opposite point of view, which I'm sure you will agree is indeed amazingly convincing, since it uses the same rhetorical method yours did. To wit:

Of course the health care bill lowers costs. Everythong knows this.​

SunSamurai

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2005
As much as Paul has basicly said the trueth here. I could care less. I really haven't said much about health care because of the time frame. 2 men in the world today well defeat this bill . Just 2 Godly rightious men will end this debate . How will they do this ? By simply uttering of words. They will not prophesied. For prophecy looks forward . These 2 men will utter words and those words will be for that time . This bill tho passed will never see the light of day . Lets say california has a 10x earth shaker this year. The medical cost alone would bankrupt this country let alone bankrupt an already bankrupt california.

This bill will never bare fruit ever . So it was written so shall it be.

I was going to make fun of this at first but honest question; have you had a stroke?

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Wow. What an amazingly convincing argument.

Let me make an equally convincing argument for the opposite point of view, which I'm sure you will agree is indeed amazingly convincing, since it uses the same rhetorical method yours did. To wit:

Of course the health care bill lowers costs. Everythong knows this.​

Can you dissprove what Paul Ryan laid out in his charts? Is that accurate information? If so, this bill really doesnt reduce the deficit.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Dropping the deficit was mainly based on a 20%+ drop in medicare payments which was later turned down. Of course if it went through, everyone would stop accepting medicare and it would be useless. Heck in the last few months, I know of many physicians around here who stopped accepting medicare and went to cash only/PPO only practices.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
So I take it with no evidence to the contrary, that we can say Paul Ryan's information about the actual costs of this bill are accurate?

I'm glad P&N can come together and agree one something then. This bill will NOT reduce costs. Is this a P&N first? Universal agreement?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I was going to make fun of this at first but honest question; have you had a stroke?

Really thats a fair question . My rep;y to you is science ,Because I believe all things are connected . Does that mean that I have had a stroke?

Or is it that I am awake and you are sleeping . That to is a fair question .

Your trueth and mine just differ . Its not like I want what I believe to be true . But history is history and our planet reveils that history even tho its been shrouded.

This is what I believe . Whether or not their is a God or not is a personal belief,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC7PWuRpUlU

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I am pretty sure it will increase costs.

nemesis if we are screwed in just two years please get off the internet and go and live fun, max out your debt, go on some vacations with your family, etc.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

OMG you nutcase. Do some research on astronomy. Yes, these things WILL line up in 2012..but guess what? They line up EVERY YEAR in exactly the same way. We've had the same gravitational situation every year since the dawn of earth.

False statement by you that can infact be proven , Where as you can neither prove or disprove my statements . Until shit happens than it can be proved . By than its to late for you.

totalnoob

Golden Member
Jul 17, 2009
False statement by you that can infact be proven , Where as you can neither prove or disprove my statements . Until shit happens than it can be proved . By than its to late for you.

We have the same alignment every year you nutcase. Google 2012 debunked and read what real scientists have to say about it.. lolol..how sad that you've taken it so seriously.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I am pretty sure it will increase costs.

nemesis if we are screwed in just two years please get off the internet and go and live fun, max out your debt, go on some vacations with your family, etc.

You have no idea how much I want this . But I not healthy enough , It wouldn't be fun for me or anyone else.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
No one said least of all me that the 2 witnesses in revelation . Have a hate for anyone or anything. No were did I write they hate the health care bill. I said because of the time frame this bill will never be enforced. Meaning whats coming will cause so much sufferring and hardship that the new bill will never be inplace and even if it were it would fail miserably . we haven't printed enough money to pay for the health care of this destruction. Thats why I said I could careless about this bill. It will be a non event.

WWIII and Obama is the Anti-Christ?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
We have the same alignment every year you nutcase. Google 2012 debunked and read what real scientists have to say about it.. lolol..how sad that you've taken it so seriously.

Links to real true statements about our position in the milky way being in the same position every year . Honestly thats one of the more thoughtless replies I have ever read. Do you know how big the milkyway is . for you to say we rotate around it once a year is really really bad judgement on your part . Were not talking solar systems here . Links to wear we are moving threw space and time at better than 186,000 miles a second . Because to complete that journey would take billions of years . You do understand the stars in our system rotate around the center do you not . Same as we rotate around our sun once a year.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Since the stupid bill does not give anyone any health care what is it for? Maybe they plan on saving money by fining people for not buying health care. Or maybe they plan on making people who live in their parents basement use a car seat till age 26.

totalnoob

Golden Member
Jul 17, 2009
Links to real true statements about our position in the milky way being in the same position every year .

We have the same *alignment* buddy..the one you conspiracy nuts are making a big deal over. The earth/sun/center of milky way all line up consistently every December..every year, and have been doing so for billions of years. Yes this does cause a tiny bit more gravity during the alignment..but it is so low that it is negligible and has no practical effect on anything at all.
Read and learn.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/11/091106-2012-end-of-world-myths.html

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/10/03/2012-no-geomagnetic-reversal/

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
We have the same *alignment* buddy..the one you conspiracy nuts are making a big deal over. The earth/sun/center of milky way all line up consistently every December..every year, and have been doing so for billions of years. Yes this does cause a tiny bit more gravity during the alignment..but it is so low that it is negligible and has no practical effect on anything at all.
Read and learn.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/11/091106-2012-end-of-world-myths.html

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/10/03/2012-no-geomagnetic-reversal/

Simple solution to this debate . link to any science that makes your statement true . Good luck with something that doesn't exist.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Gess golly I forgot about 10 commandments . LOL . But could be same tick on the clock in celestial alignment as that period of time. But this event is even bigger. Grabs popcorn .

Am I the only one that gets headaches after reading his posts?