Demoted Cheerleader Sues High School

LeadMagnet

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
article

A Westmoreland County cheerleader is taking her school to court, claiming a demotion has irreparably harmed her.

Southmoreland High senior Felicia Huffine (pictured, left) was named an alternate on the school cheerleading squad, prompting her mother to file a lawsuit on her behalf in county court.

The suit says Huffine was given permission to skip a cheerleading camp but was then demoted for missing it. The suit also seeks to have Huffine reinstated to her earlier status as a cheerleader.

The school's solicitor said that Huffine was not excused from camp. The solicitor also said the school plans to fight the lawsuit in court next week.

article

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
If the girl had written permission or authorization, then some sort of action might be warranted. I am not sure a lawsuit is the best way to pursue this, however.

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
Irreparably harmed her???
These people have no idea what real harm can be.
So shes an alternate, is that a big deal? Boo-hoo go cry me a river.

BTW I hate cheerleaders.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: VioletAura

BTW I hate cheerleaders.

You think?

For the record, I have a strong distaste for cheerleader types, too.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
I don't know what irreprable harm can come from missing a year on the cheerleading squad.

But I have to disagree with those folks who dislike cheerleaders. Maybe things have changed since the '60s but some of my best memories from my school days have to do with cheerleaders. :)

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Well at least her mother didn't try to murder the girl with whom her daughter was in competition for a position on the squad, as happened several years ago.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum
Originally posted by: VioletAura

BTW I hate cheerleaders.

You think?

For the record, I have a strong distaste for cheerleader types, too.
Actually I think they taste pretty good:)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: tcsenter
Well at least her mother didn't try to murder the girl with whom her daughter was in competition for a position on the squad, as happened several years ago.

hehe :D

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
If she wins this case, think of all the lawsuites that will follow... where will it end? I thought creating a junior varsity was a good solution for kids that didn't make the varisty team, but it appears that is no longer a viable solution.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
shes irreparably harmed in the same way that the plaintiff in the 10 commandments thing was so overcome each time he saw the monument he couldn't possibly work in that building. in other words, shes full of sh!t.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
crazy women should be avoided at all cost...

they are nothing but black holes of trouble that will suck you in..

this chick and her mother are CRAZY