Demonization Of Minorities Fueling Hate Crimes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 6, 2007
Hey look, let's just witewash economic reality of low skilled workers depressing wages and committing crimes by saying we should just let them in, forever, in unlimited numbers, because some hicks might target similar looking people.

If only there were some way to talk about immigration without demonizing and dehumanizing entire groups of people... If you paint all the brown people as your enemy, don't be surprised when morons start taking literal shots at kids. That's the natural endpoint of vilification.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
You say it like what I am saying is a lie. We are both effectively saying the same tying, just from different angles. I don't care if it is cut from the demand side. Just cut it, now.

Enforce *all* illegal immigration and illegal employment laws, now.

Except business cries about undue burden and cost of doing that. So the e-verify system is left basically unused. Hey, it was a start for employers to be able to verify whether someone may be an illegal when hiring.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Except business cries about undue burden and cost of doing that. So the e-verify system is left basically unused. Hey, it was a start for employers to be able to verify whether someone may be an illegal when hiring.
I agrre, business does cry, do you think the .01% wants to give up its "fair share"?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I want to do it the cheapest way possible for the tax payer you want to do it the most expensive way possible for the tax payer. Why?
I want to do the fastest possible while maintaining our sovereignty. Both ways get us there.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
I want to do the fastest possible while maintaining our sovereignty. Both ways get us there.

Look at history.. for those that didn't want immigrants to stay a tax was imposed. Muslims had to pay it if they wanted to come to Italy to trade. Christians had to pay it if they wanted to come to Arab States to trade.

Simply put a tax on everyone not here legally. For those who can present a US passport or green card, go ahead wave the tax. Should get rid of the illegals fast without any drone strikes or building anything.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
If only there were some way to talk about immigration without demonizing and dehumanizing entire groups of people... If you paint all the brown people as your enemy, don't be surprised when morons start taking literal shots at kids. That's the natural endpoint of vilification.
There is no way of not "dehumanizing" why? Because the establishment wants them here and the only way to keep them here is to demonize those trying to get rid of illegals as racist or xenophobic dehumanizers. It goes that way no matter what because that's the only way they can win.

Look are trump. Everybody knows what he was saying. Everybody knows he doesn't care about legal immigration for the most part. Everybody knows he is right about the oversupply of labor lowering wages.

But look what happened. They portray him as a racist xenophobe because that's the only way they can counter him. Polarize and marginalize.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Look at history.. for those that didn't want immigrants to stay a tax was imposed. Muslims had to pay it if they wanted to come to Italy to trade. Christians had to pay it if they wanted to come to Arab States to trade.

Simply put a tax on everyone not here legally. For those who can present a US passport or green card, go ahead wave the tax. Should get rid of the illegals fast without any drone strikes or building anything.
I have no problem with that. Try to get it enforced.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The illegal invasion of this country is going to fuel civil unrest.
You really haven't seen anything yet.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

You realize you wouldnt have to just do it once? You would need to maintain a special police force of thousands forever. Im not paying for that.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Rather ironic.

White folks are getting uppity at black, red and yellow folks for coming to America.

Even though America is the red and yellow man's country.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Rather ironic.

White folks are getting uppity at black, red and yellow folks for coming to America.

Hey, look, the old strawman has appeared.
Could you tell me what the federal budget for social services was for the Indian nation? What about their medical system? What about their jobs. How many white people took their jobs?

This whole "but indians were here first" justification for illegal immigration over 500 years later is idiotic.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Rather ironic.

Yes and just look at the migrants pouring into Europe. No doubt this is how the Native Americans felt.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
old america was. As of 200 years ago we made the first country to destroy the tower of babel. This is our strength. All of these cultures mixing together and the outcome of that. Its sad that some white people think they have a moral right to their culture over all others.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Yes and just look at the migrants pouring into Europe. No doubt this is how the Native Americans felt.

People displaced by war are not migrants they are refugees

ref·u·gee
ˌrefyo͝oˈjē/
noun
noun: refugee; plural noun: refugees
a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.

mi·grant
ˈmīɡrənt/
noun
noun: migrant; plural noun: migrants

1. 1.
    an animal that migrates.

adjective
adjective: migrant
tending to migrate or having migrated.
"migrant birds"
synonyms:traveling, wandering, drifting, nomadic, roving, roaming, itinerant, vagrant, transient "migrant workers"

Now stop being stupid.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hey, look, the old strawman has appeared.
Could you tell me what the federal budget for social services was for the Indian nation? What about their medical system? What about their jobs. How many white people took their jobs?

This whole "but indians were here first" justification for illegal immigration over 500 years later is idiotic.

Ya what? I'm pointin' out the irony of lads goin' "GET OUTTA MA COUNTRY, YELLER SKIN!", even though it's really their country, but then the white settlers brought rape, widespread slavery and, uh, death.

Also, uh, just because they're red doesn't mean they're Indians. Indians come from a whole different place. Unless o' course you're using the ol' racial slur?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Ya what? I'm pointin' out the irony of lads goin' "GET OUTTA MA COUNTRY, YELLER SKIN!", even though it's really their country, but then the white settlers brought rape, widespread slavery and, uh, death.

Also, uh, just because they're red doesn't mean they're Indians. Indians come from a whole different place. Unless o' course you're using the ol' racial slur?

You mean the "racial slur" the majority of indians prefer? You mean the "racial slur" that can be found all over the tribal council websites? Ohh, that one, the one they prefer? Gotcha, ok.

Exactly how far back do we have to go to give the "native" people back their land, all over the world? Should we remove most of the Japanese people and give that back to the ainu? How many people were displaced in india, or russia, or central europe?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
You mean the "racial slur" the majority of indians prefer? You mean the "racial slur" that can be found all over the tribal council websites? Ohh, that one, the one they prefer? Gotcha, ok.

Exactly how far back do we have to go to give the "native" people back their land, all over the world? Should we remove most of the Japanese people and give that back to the ainu? How many people were displaced in india, or russia, or central europe?

We can all live together. Thats the point. We just need to stop low information idiots from ruining race relations because they cant see the forest for the trees.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Who is we? Legal or illegal immigrants?

I agree illegal labor is a problem. I dont have to think rounding up every illegal immigrant at gun point is the solution to that problem though.

but thats not what we are talking about.

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009

You are right, it is idiotic. Once someone introduces that into the discussion, it clearly means they lost the discussion. We are an established country for over 200 years now. Too bad, so sad for the natives here 500 years ago. Sick of hearing the lame argument as well.

We live in the present and people need to recognize the laws in place now that are being broken. There were no immigration laws a few hundred years ago.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
We can all live together. Thats the point. We just need to stop low information idiots from ruining race relations because they cant see the forest for the trees.

We can all live together? Great, now hand over everything you own.