Democrats Voted For It Before They Voted Against It....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
So much for the Democrats passing PAYGO when they suspend the rules

The Senate has passed a bill to restore unemployment benefits for people who have been out of work for months.

Several hundred thousand jobless people have been unable to reapply for benefits since a Senate impasse caused the program to lapse last week. People who have missed unemployment checks will be able to receive them retroactively.

The jobless benefits measure had been hung up by conservative Republicans fighting to force Democrats to pay for its $18 billion cost rather than add to the budget deficit.

The bill would pay for federally funded unemployment insurance through June 2. Several other lapsed programs would also be extended until the end of May.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/15/senate-restores-billion-jobless-benefits/

You can't make this stuff up.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
lulz

So typical.

/queue "Youre against people unemployed people not of their doing not eating and feeding their families!"

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
The same PayGo Republicans voted against? Shouldn't they be happy when it's waived for unemployment benefits during a recession? Oh I see, it's OK for Republicans to be against something before they were against it, even though they have no logical reason unlike the Democrats in this case.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
The same PayGo Republicans voted against? Shouldn't they be happy when it's waived for unemployment benefits during a recession? Oh I see, it's OK for Republicans to be against something before they were against it, even though they have no logical reason unlike the Democrats in this case.

heh

bu- bu- bu- bu-

TwinsenTacquito

Apr 1, 2010

Make sense sometime.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007

What is the logic or reason?

This isn't about unemployment as much as it is about deficit spending.
The Democrats could have extended unemployment and abided by the PAYGO rule but ignored it.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
oh, another Fail Patranus thread. That's why the title and OP are full of Irony.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
What is the logic or reason?

This isn't about unemployment as much as it is about deficit spending.
The Democrats could have extended unemployment and abided by the PAYGO rule but ignored it.

Don't you ever tire of pounding your own head with a hammer? You're just hurting your credibility pandering to the dittoheads that chime in with you.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

Thus we see liberal logic: 'Tis better to pass a law and ignore it, than to oppose a bill but follow it once it's law. Reminds me of the Democrat Party platform during the Prohibition days:

The Democrat Party is for laws prohibiting the manufacture, sale, and consumption of alcohol. But the Democrat Party is against their enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.