Democrats unable to muster 50 votes to keep Republicans from destroying the nation. Who do we hate?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The Republican Party has become a fascist Mafia operation and when you look at the tremendous effort that has been made by the Democrats to work the system to protect the right of all citizens to equal and fair access to voting, so far the Republicans have been successful in steadily and incrementally whittling it away. They have even managed to make it quite likely that the Republican party will send their own electors in 2024 regardless of how the people actually vote. And who do the American people blame? Joe Biden, of course. Seems two Democratic Senators are feeling some heat as well. And people laugh when I say we hate ourselves and are driven by an unconscious death wish.

In reward for destroying our democracy we will elect Republicans to all three branches. We will get what we deserve and what we deserve isn't what we deserve out there in objective reality but what what we were made to feel we deserve as children as a nation of Stockholm Syndrome victims.

I post this, of think, because I am mad at myself.

Who do you hate and how do you explain the current poll numbers?

EDIT: Apologies to whatever forum I mistakenly posted this in originally

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I hate people who think it's time to give up.
Give up on what, humanity's chances for survival? Or maybe give up on a crusade to conquer one's enemies. To not enact force to achieve a desired result? To give up by seeking a compromise rather than certain destruction? You are entirely vague and unhelpful. But i shall speak to the topic at large by sharing a little wisdom from another medium.

I quote:

For perfection is an unattainable ideal. ‘Tis the paradox of the immaculate carrot.
Yet Civilizations since time immemorial have deemed the pursuit of perfection as “progress”. They pay no heed to the costs incurred in their futile quest, and all too often become the architects of their own demise, their dreams forever unfulfilled.
What, then, is the alternative? The answer lies in knowing that our existence can never be perfect. To be content with what we have and make the most of it.

It is required for both sides to agree, to disengage from one another, or a descent into madness is all but guaranteed. This is a "victory" that cannot be achieved through force. Some might call the result no victory at all. Regardless, one way or another, the United States is destined to never be the same again.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think a redditor or an imgurian hacked this forum.
If I did it I don't know how. I don't do the approve-disapprove thing. I would rather just give voice to my opinion and leave it at that. Even a vote up for for the ones that I really really like feels like a signal to others they are not worth my time. It's personal issue with me. Others can do as they chose. I prefer, when something especially tickles my fancy to post some sort of agreement. Also, while I may not like what somebody says I like that they say it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Because the same voting rights we've had forever are going to destroy the country in the next elections.... Ug huh!
Sounds more like the polls say a party is getting ready to lose an election big time, therefore the rules need to be changed, stat! If we do not have the advantage of the votes, let's change the rules. No! Fucking lose proper, you feckless fucks. You don't get to hi-jack the elections to suit the party. This is participation trophy mentality. Remember what the AG said when the Trumpers were screaming election fraud. He saw no evidence that there was anything other than a free and fair election. (not exact phrasing) There was all that election integrity then, but not now since the polls don't look good. Anyone can see this all for what it is and it's a good thing the bill couldn't pass. Weak suck wimps.
I like that you say this. I am grateful for the opportunity to feel such profound pity and regret about whatever it was that happened to you to make you so profoundly blind. Whatever it was, I know something similar if of unknown severity, also happened to me. Like you I live in a world chock full of feckless fucks and it makes it a fucking challenge trying to love them. Feel free to puck on me if it helps you to purge the poison.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Poor Adolph Sinema got off with a wrist tap. This country can't hold anybody accountable for crimes against the people.
She didn't "get off" with anything. That the democratic party want's her punished for not doing as she was told is their problem, not hers. Her responsibility is to the people in her district. If they don't like her record, she won't be re-elected.

There was no crime committed, there was no oath broken. Her response to the party should rightly be "fuck off".

I'm pretty tired of pivotal changes and absolutely sick of multi trillion dollar omnibus bills. That said, I'd be fine with a minimum twenty year sentence for election tampering, with a broad definition of what constitutes tampering.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
She didn't "get off" with anything. That the democratic party want's her punished for not doing as she was told is their problem, not hers. Her responsibility is to the people in her district. If they don't like her record, she won't be re-elected.

There was no crime committed, there was no oath broken. Her response to the party should rightly be "fuck off".

I'm pretty tired of pivotal changes and absolutely sick of multi trillion dollar omnibus bills. That said, I'd be fine with a minimum twenty year sentence for election tampering, with a broad definition of what constitutes tampering.
She ran as a progressive. She lied to her constituents and her financial backers, including the DNC. The fact that you let someone convince you that this is just the DNC punishing her for not toeing some line makes you pathetic.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
She ran as a progressive. She lied to her constituents and her financial backers, including the DNC. The fact that you let someone convince you that this is just the DNC punishing her for not toeing some line makes you pathetic.
Never happens in the Republican party. /s

Reactions: Pohemi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I believe that what you refer to as sick and tired is based on a evolutionary survival mechanism, disgust that produces retching to eliminate poisonous of bacteria ridden food one may have ingested. In our childhoods we are exposed to situations like that where we are told it is us who are disgusting, creating an intolerance for anything that reminds us of that feeling. Without that hatred of that aspect of self cut off and suppressed in childhood, I think we would only really feel disgust when we ate something toxic. Therefore when I experience disgust i look at it as a flaw within my own character.

And as to wanting to punish Sinema, like you I can't help feeling she is a sickening person, but any desire on my part to punish her would just be more personal insanity. What is more healthy, I think, is to desire she be removed from any position of power she might have in which she can continue to do damage. I want her replaced with someone of greater understanding in the way I think of it. I believe that her state wide Democratic party rejection of her indicates she has not obliged her duty to her constituents, that in fact she is a pariah. As I said, she got a slap on the wrist where she deserves to be hounded out of office. I would not feel that way were there any real justice I presently perceive. The lack of that is what I am sick and tired of, sadly.