Democrats unable to muster 50 votes to keep Republicans from destroying the nation. Who do we hate?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The Republican Party has become a fascist Mafia operation and when you look at the tremendous effort that has been made by the Democrats to work the system to protect the right of all citizens to equal and fair access to voting, so far the Republicans have been successful in steadily and incrementally whittling it away. They have even managed to make it quite likely that the Republican party will send their own electors in 2024 regardless of how the people actually vote. And who do the American people blame? Joe Biden, of course. Seems two Democratic Senators are feeling some heat as well. And people laugh when I say we hate ourselves and are driven by an unconscious death wish.

In reward for destroying our democracy we will elect Republicans to all three branches. We will get what we deserve and what we deserve isn't what we deserve out there in objective reality but what what we were made to feel we deserve as children as a nation of Stockholm Syndrome victims.

I post this, of think, because I am mad at myself.

Who do you hate and how do you explain the current poll numbers?

EDIT: Apologies to whatever forum I mistakenly posted this in originally

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The Republican Party has become a fascist Mafia operation and when you look at the tremendous effort that has been made by the Democrats to work the system to protect the right of all citizens to equal and fair access to voting, so far the Republicans have been successful in steadily and incrementally whittling it away. They have even managed to make it quite likely that the Republican party will send their own electors in 2024 regardless of how the people actually vote. And who do the American people blame? Joe Biden, of course. Seems two Democratic Senators are feeling some heat as well. And people laugh when I say we hate ourselves and are driven by an unconscious death wish.

In reward for destroying our democracy we will elect Republicans to all three branches. We will get what we deserve and what we deserve isn't what we deserve out there in objective reality but what what we were made to feel we deserve as children as a nation of Stockholm Syndrome victims.

I post this, of think, because I am mad at myself.

EDIT: Apologies to whatever forum I mistakenly posted this in originally
Assuming your predictions are true, just think, we would be 3-5 years closer to resolution if Democrats took my advice in November 2016 and unanimously resigned and handed full control over to Republicans.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Assuming your predictions are true, just think, we would be 3-5 years closer to resolution if Democrats took my advice in November 2016 and unanimously resigned and handed full control over to Republicans.
I guess that in addition to those who stab themselves in the back, there are those who go strait for the jugular.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
It would be just a matter of time until Republicans would actually support the idea of starting Qanon Airlines, using old fuel guzzling Boeing 707-300/400s and 727s with claims it would promote energy independence, revitalize the oil industry, and prove climate change wrong.... only to later realize how big of an idiot they are by doing so.

Oh wait........... they already are considering it.....this does not look good for us......

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Crazy how something all Republican senators voted for 16 years ago, now none of them voted for.

This can't all be because of the former game show host and his conspiracy theories about voter fraud.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Crazy how something all Republican senators voted for 16 years, now none of them voted for.

This can't all be because of the former game show host and his conspiracy theories about voter fraud.
I thought it was about how the American people blame the Democrats for their failure to defeat a bunch of Mafia Fascists and how they really prefer to fail. Who do you call when Atlas falls to a two year old bully. I mean, would you blame the bully? I was told right here on this forum that Trump had exactly zero chance of being elected and Democrats had the right message.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Humanity in general is the correct answer. For we are merely apes who relish in tribalism. Oh we like to play nice and pretend we are enlightened, but in times of need we reach for our clubs and start swinging. We tell each other lies and actually believe them, no matter the credibility. A word from MY tribe is as good as god's word to man. A word from "others" is less than trash.

Ours is a brain functioning on faith and faith alone. It was a belief in science, logic, and reason that took us some distance. But that journey appears to be nearing its end as communications evolved, we lost the filter of sanity and every tweet and text becomes the new gospel. We are now placing our faith elsewhere. Far removed from reason or logic. We, and I do mean WE ALL, are misplacing our faith and taking on beliefs that are more fiction than fact.

Untethered from reality, I dare say it is only a matter of time until we willfully descend into madness are rip each other limb from limb. For there is nothing that can, or will, hold us back. We WANT this. For there is an enemy afoot and they must be defeated. So we will fight to bring about our own end while pretending it is anything else. And what can you or I do about it? If we do not strike first, the "enemy" will.

What sort of compromise are we willing to allow, so that we may all live and find peace?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Crazy how something all Republican senators voted for 16 years, now none of them voted for.

When a white conservative majority could be counted on to win. Not otherwise.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Humanity in general is the correct answer. For we are merely apes who relish in tribalism. Oh we like to play nice and pretend we are enlightened, but in times of need we reach for our clubs and start swinging. We tell each other lies and actually believe them, no matter the credibility. A word from MY tribe is as good as god's word to man. A word from "others" is less than trash.

Ours is a brain functioning on faith and faith alone. It was a belief in science, logic, and reason that took us some distance. But that journey appears to be nearing its end as communications evolved, we lost the filter of sanity and every tweet and text becomes the new gospel. We are now placing our faith elsewhere. Far removed from reason or logic. We, and I do mean WE ALL, are misplacing our faith and taking on beliefs that are more fiction than fact.

Untethered from reality, I dare say it is only a matter of time until we willfully descend into madness are rip each other limb from limb. For there is nothing that can, or will, hold us back. We WANT this. For there is an enemy afoot and they must be defeated. So we will fight to bring about our own end while pretending it is anything else. And what can you or I do about it? If we do not strike first, the "enemy" will.

What sort of compromise are we willing to allow, so that we may all live and find peace?
I remember when that compromise was presented to me: Better dead than Red. I thought to myself, sounds like a religious claim. I don't know anybody who has been both willing to compare notes. All I knew was that I was supposed, on pain of abusive social rejection, to go along to get along. Sounded a lot to me like I die so some fat politician could stay in power and doubtless some Republican war monger.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I hate people who think it's time to give up.
I hate the ones who don't. You might find the Republican party attractive. They are real masters of denial and never give up.

My father was a gift from heaven. He eased me into reality. He used to say he was 200% American because he hated everybody. Whether you give up or not made little difference to he who helped me be just like him.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I am reminded of a poem I read so many many years ago while studying German which I managed to find just now owing to the wonders of the internet although I was never able to find it before:

Es sitzt ein Vogel auf dem Leim,
er flattert sehr und kann nicht heim.
Ein schwarzer Kater schleicht herzu,
die Krallen scharf, die Augen gluh.
Am Baum hinauf und immer höher
kommt er dem armen Vogel näher.
Der Vogel denkt: Weil daß so ist
und weil mich doch der Kater frißt,
so will ich keine Zeit verlieren,
will noch ein wenig quinquillieren
und lustig pfeifen wie zuvor.
Der Vogel, scheint mir, hat Humor.

There is a bird sitting on the glue, (made of lime and sugar)
it flutters a lot and can not go home.
A black cat creeps in,
the claws sharp, the eyes glowing.
Up the tree and higher and higher he comes closer to the poor bird.
The bird thinks: Because that's the way it is,
and because the cat is to eat me,
so I don't want to lose any time,
So lustily fifing as before
The bird, it seems to me, has a sense of humor.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Crazy how something all Republican senators voted for 16 years ago, now none of them voted for.

They were always racist but had to keep it in check. Trump has given them license to bring it out in the open.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It would be just a matter of time until Republicans would actually support the idea of starting Qanon Airlines, using old fuel guzzling Boeing 707-300/400s and 727s with claims it would promote energy independence, revitalize the oil industry, and prove climate change wrong.... only to later realize how big of an idiot they are by doing so.

Oh wait........... they already are considering it.....this does not look good for us......

Join the Mile Die club.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Tuesday, November 5th 2024.
THAT will be the date when the shit hits the fan, when all hell breaks loose should our fears come true.
Tuesday, November 5th 2024 is the date when all of those voter restriction laws now being passed in republican controlled states will be put to the test. And if all goes as planned for those republican controlled states, it will be a blood bath with this time the democrats attacking the capitol building in Washington DC, breaking windows and running amuck.

Just think of it.
Donald Trump, or some other ignorant ass republican fails to win the presidential election. However, this time in 2024 and unlike that other time in 2020, this time the win is handed to the loser, the republican candidate, regardless of ballots or who the majority wanted. Republican controlled states nullify the democrat electors and send Trump electors to Washington, and this time those electors are welcome with open arms and certified as legit.

This scenario is just the tip of the iceberg. What could happen on Tuesday November 5th 2024 goes much deeper. Trump could win, Trump "would" win regardless of the true election results. Or, on the other hand, it could be that Trump wins legitimately in 2024 considering the mood of the electorate after two more years of Joe Biden. It is conceivable that a majority of Americans just might actually want Trump back in office. This could happen because memories are short, and things could be so terribly bad come 2024 that even Donald Trump would seem the better choice over any democrat.
A lot can happen in two years. We could have a war with Russia, or more Covid variants, or another hit to the economy because of some new unforeseen disaster. Donald Trump might look pretty damn good to a majority of voters. And if Trump does run and if he did win legitimately, republicans could gloat and claim, SEE, WE DIDN'T NEED TO FORCE THE ELECTION AFTER ALL, DONALD TRUMP WON LEGITIMATELY. Then, republican could save their voter suppression laws for the future and for some other election.

So lets see how the next two years go. Lets see if Joe Biden can get anything passed or improve his poll ratings. Lets see if the democrats can hold Trump accountable for past crimes, or the republicans take the house and senate in 2022 and everything concerning Trump comes to a screeching halt. And then we never know. the truth...

Remember Germany.
Things were so bad in 1930's Germany that the German people gladly and enthusiastically supported Adolf Hitler. Why? Because Adolf was the only guy out there preaching to the German people what they wanted to hear. And initially Hitler did improve life for the German people just as Donald Trump initially improved the economy for the American people until covid came along.
During the next two years, Trump could run and Trump could win. Legitimately.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Because the same voting rights we've had forever are going to destroy the country in the next elections.... Ug huh!
Sounds more like the polls say a party is getting ready to lose an election big time, therefore the rules need to be changed, stat! If we do not have the advantage of the votes, let's change the rules. No! Fucking lose proper, you feckless fucks. You don't get to hi-jack the elections to suit the party. This is participation trophy mentality. Remember what the AG said when the Trumpers were screaming election fraud. He saw no evidence that there was anything other than a free and fair election. (not exact phrasing) There was all that election integrity then, but not now since the polls don't look good. Anyone can see this all for what it is and it's a good thing the bill couldn't pass. Weak suck wimps.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Because the same voting rights we've had forever are going to destroy the country in the next elections.... Ug huh!
Sounds more like the polls say a party is getting ready to lose an election big time, therefore the rules need to be changed, stat! If we do not have the advantage of the votes, let's change the rules. No! Fucking lose proper, you feckless fucks. You don't get to hi-jack the elections to suit the party. This is participation trophy mentality. Remember what the AG said when the Trumpers were screaming election fraud. He saw no evidence that there was anything other than a free and fair election. (not exact phrasing) There was all that election integrity then, but not now since the polls don't look good. Anyone can see this all for what it is and it's a good thing the bill couldn't pass. Weak suck wimps.
I don't downvote but it takes effort to be this delusional.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Speaking of which, why is there an upvote/downvote option on replies to this thread? Because it's marked as a question? Has this forum always had that option?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

God the amount of projection is just unbearable at times. Are you really this stupid and clueless, or do you expect everyone to believe you because you think you’re the smartest one in the room?? Or is it all an act???

Democrats have been fine with election laws since the Civil Rights Era—Republicans are the only ones “changing” the laws—first by rendering the Voting Rights Act unenforceable. Republicans are the only sore fucking losers here STILL bitching about losing in 2020 and changing state laws to change how votes are counted and ensure Democrats and independents are outside the room during counting.

Pray tell me how have Democrats changed any laws to make it easier for Dems to win? The only thing Dems did in 2020 was make it easier to vote by mail/absentee and expand early voting. It helped Republicans record their highest turnout in history. You’re fucking welcome. Now we’re trying to UNDO the damage to voting rights Republicans have wrought at the state level since Shelby v. Holder in 2013.