Democrats to introduce bill to expand Supreme Court from 9 to 13 justices

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Clearly I think it's progressives. Not because I think they're evil or stupid, but because they're misguided. The basic concepts are sound, the problem is the system assumes people to be reasonably intelligent, reasonably honest, and reasonably motivated. It assumes a leadership that isn't driven by a lust for power. I haven't seen nearly enough evidence of those things to justify the change.

So, on one hand you have "progressive" Scandinavia as an outlook for how things might turn out with Sanders-ism and on the other hand you have 1933 just pre Nazi Germany.... and that is your response?
I can only surmise that the 1933 analogy is WAY overblown and/or your interpretation of the progressive left of the democratic party is straight up communism USSR style.
Taking another another step back, who is selling these narratives? What kind of media would you have to consume to come up with one idea vs. the other?
*WAKE TF UP MAN*
*shaking greenman ferociously*

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Why stop at 13? How about 51...one for each state plus one for Washington DC? Hell, maybe a few more for the various US territories?
You prove my point above. You project onto Democrats just what you would do in their position. This is why you, not them, is the real threat. Your own lack of moral limits is what you see in others. But you will pretend it works the other way. I could care less that you are as you are when it comes to living my own life, but when people like you acquire power you threaten the lives of the innocent. That should not be allowed. It's just factual not personal. I do not hate you but I can't personally allow your actions in my world. I think people should feel a duty to do what we can to prevent your delusional reality from becoming real reality. 51 justices is a product of your insanity. We are not bound by your fantasies or your hallucinatory fears.

You are only too happy to manifest your delusional behavior because you know you can take advantage of the fact that liberals are rational. I think it is time for liberals to stop you from counting on that.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Clearly I think it's progressives. Not because I think they're evil or stupid, but because they're misguided. The basic concepts are sound, the problem is the system assumes people to be reasonably intelligent, reasonably honest, and reasonably motivated. It assumes a leadership that isn't driven by a lust for power. I haven't seen nearly enough evidence of those things to justify the change.

That’s a whole lotta talking while not saying anything at all.

The gist of your post basically boils down to, ‘ma feels!’

What system are you talking about? Who are the people you are referring to? What role does intelligence, honesty, and motivation play in your imagined scenarios?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Well, when you're in favor of the state enforcing "traditional values", then you're going to definitely side with the Nazis over the non-Nazis, so no surprise there.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Something needs to be done to make sure that some idiot like McConnell (a republican) cannot keep hold up a Supreme court nominee from Democratic president from being added to the Supreme court!
The Republicans would have no problem packing the supreme Court if they were in Power!
The Dems should not be playing nice! If the shoe was on the foot of a Republican you can bet you they would be pushing for a 13 member supreme court!@ Especially if the court was leaning left.....