Democrats really have to comeout and vote.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I do not see any excuse to not come out and vote if you live in North Carolina and are a Democrat. As long as equal number of moderates vote democrat and Republicans, if all Democrats vote in all North Carolina races in November, Democrats may win in all those races. Take a look at the up to date voter registration at North Carolina, more than 200,000 and almost 300,000 more Democrats than Republicans.

Democratic: 2,494,560
Republican: 2,208,747
Green: 0
Constitution: 0
Libertarian: 49,143
Unaffiliated: 2,559,918
White: 4,775,277
Black: 1,494,768
American Indian: 54,012
Native Hawaiian: 499
Other: 987,812
Hispanic: 253,734
Male: 3,123,952
Female: 3,674,264
Total: 7,312,368

Reactions: Muse and Leeea
Jul 9, 2009
It's the unaffiliated voters that are going to be driving the elections this time and face it, the Biden admin is tanking with independent voters.

And that was a poll taken 10 months ago!

Reactions: Leeea

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You could give me the 450k value of my 2br condo, let me keep my condo to rent it out. Pay me 50% more than I'm making here, all my moving expenses, a year vacation, to move to a fucking regressive state like NC where there are more shitty people than good, I wouldn't do it. I'd want to kill myself sooner than later

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But don’t get the indifference people have with electing a functional government. Like this past Ontario provincial election only had 43% voter turnout > _ < Okay brother of crack mayor Rob Ford didn’t do a horrible job of handling Covid but he screwed up everything else he did this last term. Assuming 2/3rd of voters in the greater Toronto area vote, it would always be a liberal government. Like sure the former leader of the liberal party had the personality of a potato but not voting at all and let an incompetent leader breeze back to winning re-election, DOH!!!

At least the policy different between our parties here in eastern Canada is small, unlike the US. Okay fine upset about inflation. Upset by gas prices. Solution to them isn’t to not vote at all and let republicans win by default.

Edit - wonder if short term pain will help in the long run? Like GOP will win back control of the house. But it's going to be in so much disarray that even the orange monkey administration would look competent in comparison. Supid people still need to get reminded what a republican control Congress gets you. But will make hopefully smooth sailing for 2024

Last edited:

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
But don’t get the indifference people have with electing a functional government. Like this past Ontario provincial election only had 43% voter turnout > _ < Okay brother of crack mayor Rob Ford didn’t do a horrible job of handling Covid but he screwed up everything else he did this last term. Assuming 2/3rd of voters in the greater Toronto area vote, it would always be a liberal government. Like sure the former leader of the liberal party had the personality of a potato but not voting at all and let an incompetent leader breeze back to winning re-election, DOH!!!

At least the policy different between our parties here in eastern Canada is small, unlike the US. Okay fine upset about inflation. Upset by gas prices. Solution to them isn’t to not vote at all and let republicans win by default.

Edit - wonder if short term pain will help in the long run? Like GOP will win back control of the house. But it's going to be in so much disarray that even the orange monkey administration would look competent in comparison. Supid people still need to get reminded what a republican control Congress gets you. But will make hopefully smooth sailing for 2024

Republicans run on the principle that government doesn't work, then get elected and prove it.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
They will do exactly what is necessary to keep getting a pay check. Power, money, status, what else is there.
One would hope a little honour. Like Adam Kinzinger said, nothing will change until elected officials are willing to call out the lies. Like come on, what chicken shit sends hand written death threat to his wife.

Reactions: hal2kilo

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
You could give me the 450k value of my 2br condo, let me keep my condo to rent it out. Pay me 50% more than I'm making here, all my moving expenses, a year vacation, to move to a fucking regressive state like NC where there are more shitty people than good, I wouldn't do it. I'd want to kill myself sooner than later
Maybe we all can convert to the Church of Progresshiviks and share in your glorious Utopia and be blessed with a wondrous condo.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
This just doesn't work. People are too stupid and nihilistic to remember or believe that republicans refuse to govern.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
If enough republicans take over the election boards in battleground states, no matter how many Democrats vote, it won’t matter.

Reactions: Captante

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OP Ed, but it makes sense.

Also shows the real problem with Florida: Theres actually more potential democrats there than republicans, but due to voter apathy and strong voter suppression, the GOP tends to win a lot.

Reactions: hal2kilo

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
If enough republicans take over the election boards in battleground states, no matter how many Democrats vote, it won’t matter.

What is going to happen, the goal of these republican election boards is for them have the power to propose doubt about the election, whatever the election, every election, and force it to the courts. This is the intention, to have republican courts decide the elections and not the people nor the ballots. So we will have elections in limbo in the courts for weeks, months, possibly years as republicans play this game questioning and delegitimize elections where republicans find themselves on the losing side. Successful republican elections will never be challenged nor scrutinize, however elections favorable to democrats? They will be challenged and forced into the courts while republican election boards place the republican candidate into office by default.

Imagine an election favorable to the democrat, then forced into the courts with the default win going to the republican challenger.
You may ask.... how long can they get away with this? The answer, as long as they want. And none of these republicans need fear being voted out of office, they will ensure that will never happen. Again, first the delegitimizing and then the courts.

Reactions: soundforbjt

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
What is going to happen, the goal of these republican election boards is for them have the power to propose doubt about the election, whatever the election, every election, and force it to the courts.
Now that's just not true.

It's only the elections they lose that are invalid, or if they didn't win by a large enough margin. If they got at least 70% it was plainly a free and fair election.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
After working in West VA for a while, I agree with you 100%. Didn't take me long to discover those people don't want my black ass in their state.

Reactions: Linux23 and Lezunto

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Yup US is doomed. Numbers from CNN poll of Dems. Over 60% want someone else other than Biden in 2024. Goes up to 90% for the under 30 age group. 10% plan to not vote or go 3rd party if 2024 is Biden vs orange monkey. But goes up to 30% for under 30. Like not like this group votes normally, but crazy that many will just not vote because student debt relief hasn’t happen yet.

But generic poll, 20% think Rep better suited to handle inflation. Like damn talented they can control a world wide crisis. IDIOTS the lot of you in the US

Reactions: Zorba

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yup US is doomed. Numbers from CNN poll of Dems. Over 60% want someone else other than Biden in 2024. Goes up to 90% for the under 30 age group. 10% plan to not vote or go 3rd party if 2024 is Biden vs orange monkey. But goes up to 30% for under 30. Like not like this group votes normally, but crazy that many will just not vote because student debt relief hasn’t happen yet.
You think it's all because of student debt relief, and not... you know, everything?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
You think it's all because of student debt relief, and not... you know, everything?
For this poll and age group, apparently yes. They don’t follow news from traditional sources. So very limited viewpoint

EduCat

Feb 28, 2012
The problem is most democrats are out doing other things not giving a fuck about politics.

Feb 4, 2009
I suspect they won’t simply because I’ve been hearing about this “blue wave” since the late 80s and has yet to happen.

Reactions: Zorba

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I suspect they won’t simply because I’ve been hearing about this “blue wave” since the late 80s and has yet to happen.
yeah those rare times they control the oval office, the house, and the senate, they still cant normally get meaningful legislation passed. The Equal Rights Amendment has been flopping around for over 50 years. What does that tell you?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
yeah those rare times they control the oval office, the house, and the senate, they still cant normally get meaningful legislation passed. The Equal Rights Amendment has been flopping around for over 50 years. What does that tell you?
The ERA failed and had nothing to do with a failure of the Democratic Party while controlling the Federal Government.

The Federal Government doesn't work because all it takes is approximately 40% of the Government to decide that it doesn't want it to work. You're going to have to talk to the Framers of the Constitution and the Filibuster rule authors about that one.