Democrats or Republicans

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Enig101

May 21, 2006
I loathe the parties. All they do is serve as a mudslinging platform for politicians. I vote for the best candidate. In short, independent.

phantom309

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2002
I usually vote Democrat, but I've gotten much more conservative than I used to be. If the current crop of Republicans weren't such incompetent, corrupt idiots I would strongly consider more conservative candidates.

I no longer feel that either party is looking out for the interests of mainstream Americans anymore.

Jamie571

Nov 7, 2002
Originally posted by: phantom309
I no longer feel that either party is looking out for the interests of mainstream Americans anymore.

I honestly can say that I have voted for a mix of Republicans and Democrats. I usually stick with the candidate that looks out for average American.

I agree with phantom309 and try to look at the candidate instead of the party.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Libertarian.
Or Constitutional.
Or anything that isnt the two big-uns.

And you need to do a search noob. This question gets asked way too much.
At least pose an ethical question or two and get the debate going.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Moderate democrat.

But with the parties now days, it is hard to differentiate them sometimes.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
<-- free-thinking libertarian. I form my own political beliefs, and associate only based on that group which comes closest to them.

Moore is a liar and a propagandist. He has stunning moments of clarity overshadowed by outrageous hypocrisy. Comes from seeing the world through the distorted lenses of overzealous political agenda. He can't tell the truth without twisting it into a self-serving lie. If he could get past that, he'd be a genius. Instead, he's a joke.

Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21
Sucks to see all those voting third-party's votes going to waste.
3rd-party votes only go to "waste" because the mindless sheep insist on blindly voting for the 2 main parties.... BAAAHH.... BAAAHHH... :roll:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I've been a registered independent for 30+ years, but am strongly leaning towards registering Democratic just so I can have the pleasure of voting against Joseph Lieberman in the primary.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21
Sucks to see all those voting third-party's votes going to waste.

Democrat.

Very few votes actually count. Your vote really only counts in states with close elections, the others are already decided.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
neither one; however, my votes lately have leaned toward more Republican candidates as we've faced each new "lesser of two evils" elections.

a shame really... both major parties are horrid.