Democrats literally holding the government hostage to take your rights away

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Ahhh, noticed it devolved lately, oops...

I did such a good job convincing him about those 80% poly lowers, I ordered one.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What have you done in your life that you think gives you the right to call other people scum and rant at them to begin with ?

There's something you can do with your life that makes that OK?

You are talking to people at the primitive level of emotional development. Their emotional reactions express a lot of self hate. They have ego damage and are trying to compensate. They have a confused notion of masculinity. They were made to feel ashamed by being called pansies. It is typical of Latin and American culture. It's everywhere in the movies. Our culture is masterful at creating these kinds of ticking time bombs.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
There's something you can do with your life that makes that OK?

You are talking to people at the primitive level of emotional development. Their emotional reactions express a lot of self hate. They have ego damage and are trying to compensate. They have a confused notion of masculinity. They were made to feel ashamed by being called pansies. It is typical of Latin and American culture. It's everywhere in the movies. Our culture is masterful at creating these kinds of ticking time bombs.

Screw you buddy, um, I mean, that was a very perceptive observation Mr Moonbeam....

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You said, "Every one of those democrats' names should be written down and remembered for thier heinous intentions and outright sleezeball tactics." Flake isn't a Democrat. Most of the cosponsors aren't Democrats. Some Republicans may be "leftist shitbags," but they're still not Democrats.

This amendment was one of several compromise measures drafted after the original bill was rejected. The original Democrat-proposed bill was much broader--it banned firearm purchases based on the Terrorist Screening Database, a list two orders of magnitude larger than the No Fly List--and provided no appeals process. The "Flake Amendment" narrows the scope and adds an appeals process, as I explained earlier.

I was mistaken, however; a version of this amendment actually was submitted as Amendment 4859 on June 23, and rejected the same day. The House sit-in began on June 22, prior to the existence of this amendment.

Haha. I think this is the first time I've been called a "leftist shitbag" with a "communist agenda." My staunch defense of self defense, due process, and free speech rights usually gets me labeled a conservative or libertarian.

I'm beginning to see that there are two types of libertarians, the normal, principled type like Ron Paul, and yourself, and then there are the batshit crazy libertarians who seem to call themselves libertarians because it's the only group that would accept them, like nostateofmind.