• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Democrats ask Bloomberg to give up on gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
www.countrylifenet.com
Seems bloomberg is a little too far left even for the lefties,

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/at-democrats-request-even-mike-bloomberg-is-giving-up-on-gun-control/
Bloomberg had previously appeared to be “single issue focused on guns at the risk of jeopardizing Senate for Democrats.” TIME Magazine reporter Mark Halperin confirmed that Bloomberg not only resisted pressure from the two highest ranking Democrats in the Senate, but also former President Bill Clinton, who asked Bloomberg to temper his enthusiasm for attacking politicians who oppose stricter gun laws if those politicians happen to be Democrats.
I other words, if you push gun control chances are you are going to lose the 2014 elections.

Looks to me like democrats are running scared.

It is clear obama lied to the people about health care reform. With the individual mandate, cancelled policies and rate hikes, democrats have a lot of explaining to do before the elections later this year.

Add gun control to the mix and it looks like democrats risk losing a lot of seats.

One of the best things to happen to the democrat party is bloomberg no longer holds an elected office. Now the party can distance itself from him.

Last edited:

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
As a national issue I'd agree. As a local issue with smartly tailored and targeted laws, I could see Democrats being OK. The recent NY State laws passed by Cuomo are an example of how *not* to do it.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"Temper his enthusiasm for attacking politicians who oppose stricter gun laws if those politicians happen to be Democrats "

They're not even pretending anymore; they're proudly hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY