Democratic Candidates for President 2004

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

<< I wonder if she'd be doing fat interns in the Oval office too.

Classy, you are nuts!:)
>>

I know Im nuts, but I ain't crazy ;). If you look at the situation as it is. Bush is doing so so. Gore did have more votes. Those states I mentioned would clearly go to her because they are democratic in nature. Gore really challenged Bush in FLA. But Hillary is clearly more popular. And she would win her home state, unlike Gore. And this country does like her. The political junkys critize her, but the people of America have a genuine like for the lady. I believe she would pull it off. Especially if Bush has a so so term in office and the country becomes stagnant under him.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Better start packing Buddhist.... I'm castin my vote for Tom Daschle... but I'd bet money that IF Hilary runs... we'll have our first woman president...

-Max

Buddhist

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2000
&quot;I believe she would pull it off. &quot;

Wouldn't that make Bill the first first man and &quot;Mr. president&quot;?!?

Ewwww.

-M.T.O

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

<< Hey Classy, ship me some of that Ganja you're smoking, it seems to be some good stuff! The Ratpublicans are more afraid of Davis than they are of Diesal Bitch Clinton. >>

The stuff is good. Just got it in ;). Bush and his daughter told me about this good stuff :D. But hey you can call her what you want. But if she runs you'll also be calling her Mrs. President :Q.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Ok quick summary then.... and I'll make a poll in a few....

Candidates for the Democratic Nomination are:

Hilary Clinton
Tom Daschle
Grey Davis
Al Gore
John Edwards

now to figure out who we'd all vote for....

-Max

Buddhist

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2000
How about McCain?
You don't think he'll try to raise his voice again?
hehe
-M.T.O

Smbu

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2000
If Hilary Clinton ran for president, I'd cast my vote for her here in CA, but hasn't she said she wouldn't run for president in 2004, nor 2008, so that kind of takes her out of the running. Maybe Gov. Gray Davis will run, but I'm not sure since it will really depend on how the energy crisis ends.

pidge

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Gore took NY and CA and that didn't get him the presidency. I don't think it will be Davis. His approval rating in California sucks right now. If the Repubs find a good cadidate for Governor, then Davis will be lucky to simply win re-election for governor. I don't mind Davis so much but I wish someone good ran against Boxer and Feinstein. I can't stand them. The last Republican who ran for Senate was good imho (the Asian guy). I don't know why he didn't win aside from fact that he didn't have enough money to run a strong TV campaign against Feinstein. I wish that Arnold would have ran for Governor. It would have been fun to see him debate against Davis and then if he got mad, crack his neck like a toothpick or pile drive him. O.K. maybe that is not such a good idea. Can anyone tell me this? Why are liberal stars so vocal about their politics (Streisand, Rosie, Baldwin, Whoopie, Robin Williams etc.) while conservatives play it quiet (Arnold, Bruce Willis, Rickie Shroder, Steve Young etc.)?

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

<<

<< But if she runs you'll also be calling her Mrs. President >>

If she were to win thhe odds are you'd be calling her &quot;The Late Mrs President&quot;

Who would be her running mate, Richard Simmons?
>>

Hey Richard, is cool even though he is fluffy. :)

Buddhist

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2000
&quot;she wouldn't run for president in 2004, nor 2008, so that kind of takes her out of the running&quot;

Yeah, that could happen. I've never known a Clinton to say one thing and do another!
-M.T.O

Aceman

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
I'd love to see Tom Daschle run for for President. Only if he immediately resigned from his Senate seat BEFORE the election. Maybe then I can get a good Republican to represent my state in the Senate!

Feb 7, 2000
Hilary could win... she's got NY and California easy

any democrat, not just hilary, will get ny and ca, but so did gore. the battle ground is the midwest

Plus when you see the way the Bush, a republican has not help in the power crisis, its a slam dunk for any Democratic candidate to take CA.

i disagree. the backlash will be against grey davis if he runs for govenor again. the republican candidate might not win ca but not cause of the power crisis.

Why do all my republican friends refer to her as a demon?... what'd she do to piss you guys off anyhow?

she is a femenist and a democrat who's views are to the extreme left. and when her husband cheats on her and commits purgery she stands by him, what a disgrace. and im not even mentioning the numerous scandals. she's as corrupt as bill or gore. oh and did i mention her conspiracy theories about the republicans during the monica lewinski affair?

Hillary running for president, and actually getting the nomination would be the best thing that the republicans could ever wish for.

100% true

I'm casting my vote for Tom Daschle... that guy impresses me more and more as I see him in action...

elaborate on this. every time i see the guy he makes a complete a$$ out of himself.

Feb 7, 2000
Bush wouldn't win California in most cases (Hillary not included) Davis looks to be one of the top democrats in line for the '04 election, you do the math.

davis wouldnt even win california. have you seen his approval rating? he's lucky to get 40%

Feb 7, 2000
<< its a slam dunk for any Democratic candidate to take CA. >>

She'd have to win the Primaries first and there is no way in hell she'd win Ca. The last thing we need is some Stank who has PMS 7/24

i wish that were true. but is she any worse than boxer or feinstein? and they keep getting re-elected

Feb 7, 2000
Which is unlikely. Like I said earlier the Reoublicans are despised and are given the blame for what happened regarding this energy crisis because PeeWee Wilson was the main force behind shoving this fscked deregulation scheme up our ass here.

that is sooo not true. the blame is on the tree huggers. wilson and degregulation have nothing to do with it. the leftists are the reason why we dont have enough power, and people know that.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

<< Hilary could win... she's got NY and California easy

any democrat, not just hilary, will get ny and ca, but so did gore. the battle ground is the midwest

Plus when you see the way the Bush, a republican has not help in the power crisis, its a slam dunk for any Democratic candidate to take CA.

i disagree. the backlash will be against grey davis if he runs for govenor again. the republican candidate might not win ca but not cause of the power crisis.

Why do all my republican friends refer to her as a demon?... what'd she do to piss you guys off anyhow?

she is a femenist and a democrat who's views are to the extreme left. and when her husband cheats on her and commits purgery she stands by him, what a disgrace. and im not even mentioning the numerous scandals. she's as corrupt as bill or gore. oh and did i mention her conspiracy theories about the republicans during the monica lewinski affair?

Hillary running for president, and actually getting the nomination would be the best thing that the republicans could ever wish for.

100% true

I'm casting my vote for Tom Daschle... that guy impresses me more and more as I see him in action...

elaborate on this. every time i see the guy he makes a complete a$$ out of himself.
>>

Bush squeaked a victory and he was the best the republicans have to offer. Against Hillary I believe he would lose plain and simple. When she stood by Bill she garnered respect and admiration. And you also forget all the other states that would go to her and the ones that she would threaten that went republican. She would be a dangerous candidate for the republicans.

Feb 7, 2000
We will get through this one way or another and when we do Davis will be considered a savior and the one who stood up to Curious George and spit in his eye. This is just the begining of a a lot of Famous basttles between Davis and Bush which couold end up in the 2004 National Elelction

thats not true. even if we dont have a single black out this summer he still wont be a savior. his problems are 1. people have to conserve just to have power 2. he is squandering the surplus 3. his friends at the PUC screwed pge and he did nothing to stop them

he hasnt done anything so far to help the crisis, not much can be done actually. is ca better off now than they were a couple years ago? nope, and thats why davis is screwed

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
<<<The last Republican who ran for Senate was good imho (the Asian guy). I don't know why he didn't win aside from fact that he didn't have enough money to run a strong TV campaign against Feinstein>>>

Didn't Tom Campbell run against Feinstein?

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Hillary is a fake, she's just like Bill. There is no way in the world I would vote for her. I would vote for myself first ;)

Fettsbabe 2004! &quot;The Anandtech Off Topic Queen&quot;

LMAO!!!! :):):)

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
There are many people who like Hillary, but I don't think its enough for her to win the Presidency.

There are alot of women who thinks she set us back a hundred years for staying with Bill after he got caught doing the dirty deeds with Monica. Some women do support her decision to &quot;stand by her man,&quot; but there are, in my opinion, more that think otherwise.

Feb 7, 2000
Uncle Joe you are so wrong. Deregulation should never have been forced on us if we didn't have the Power Supplies to support it. Deregulation only works if there is a surplus of power and when PeeWee Wilson shoved it up our Arse there was a 15 to 20% deficit. Now you ignorant Myopians are trying to pass the blame on to Davis

this just shows how little you know. degregulation never was is full effect. pge was never part of a free market. im not blaming davis, although he has much more blame than wilson. wilson isnt responsible at all.

how has deregulation limited supply? when did wilson ever oppose the building of a power plant? i dont even think you comprehend what the problem is. the problem is not enough power and NOT the cost of power. the only people that have been screwed so far are the utilities, consumers have barely felt the effects. if the leftists woulndt have seen that a power plant hasnt been built here for the past 10 years then we wouldnt be in this mess, and thats fact.

Feb 7, 2000
Bush squeaked a victory and he was the best the republicans have to offer. Against Hillary I believe he would lose plain and simple. When she stood by Bill she garnered respect and admiration. And you also forget all the other states that would go to her and the ones that she would threaten that went republican. She would be a dangerous candidate for the republicans.

at least you admit that bush actually won

gore is more popular than hillary. hillary is actually hated by a lot of people, and not just republicans. all swing states would go to the republicans if hillary won, wouldnt even matter if it was bush or some other republican.