SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Democrats are hypocrites volume 9084388948297

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-warren-embrace-reparations-for-black-americans

They keep going further and further left, keep lowering the bar.

So, Democrats think people that are generations removed from slavery, people that have never ever felt the pain of such a practice, should be paid for being victim to slavery. Some ~150 years after slavery ended.

These are the same people that think that dreamers should stay in America because guilt cannot be passed down, not a child's fault their illegal parents had birth in a country they shouldn't be in.

Reactions: Challenger

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
"We have to be honest that people in this country do not start from the same place or have access to the same opportunities," Harris said in the statement to the Times. "I’m serious about taking an approach that would change policies and structures and make real investments in black communities."

That Harris is a MONSTER!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Dude lol. You no longer get to complain about the hate that comes your way. My god.

True.

I am absolutely against reparations. Correction of conditions which exist ought to be a priority but nothing else. If this is the case I want my share of the western hemisphere due indigenous people killed and subjugated by Europeans and that we are first in line. Blacks and whites can GTFO.

Or

We can move on.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
That Harris is a MONSTER!

Yup, she is... that is exactly right out of the "keep them on the plantation" modern Democrat playbook. Keep making excuses for people when they have all the opportunity in the world right in front of them, keep brainwashing people into believing they are victims that can't achieve, keep drawing lines between us.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I think this is perfectly valid topic for this forum, the story is from a mainstream media source, and the Democrats are hypocrites.

The issue is not with the topic, its with the purposeful trolling way you framed it. The issue is not that people want to pay former slaves. Its that people feel the injustice that was done long ago still has ramifications today, and, they believe that giving assistance will help elevate people to make up for it allow for future growth that will not be constrained by the aforementioned injustice.

You instead frame it as giving something to people that did not go through the original injustice. The purpose was to inflame people and to troll them because your life is void of something and you are looking to fill it with attention, even if its negative.

Find something more meaningful.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
If you're going to whine about something that triggers you, at least learn how to spell what it is that triggered you.

Reparations.

As far as your story, it seems that only you give a shit about it so write your congresscritters and quit whining to people who can't help and/or don't want to help your pathetic ass.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
True.

I am absolutely against reparations. Correction of conditions which exist ought to be a priority but nothing else. If this is the case I want my share of the western hemisphere due indigenous people killed and subjugated by Europeans and that we are first in line. Blacks and whites can GTFO.

Or

We can move on.

You know what, I think we should have this discussion. This thread is not likely to be removed, so, lets see if we can make it productive.

I too am against reparations. Even if we did them, how much to give to people would be totally subjective and unfair. I think we would be far better off having open and honest discussions about race issues and the past it played in US history. I think people should be free to do any charity they wish, even if its for specific races of people.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The issue is not with the topic, its with the purposeful trolling way you framed it. The issue is not that people want to pay former slaves. Its that people feel the injustice that was done long ago still has ramifications today, and, they believe that giving assistance will help elevate people to make up for it allow for future growth that will not be constrained by the aforementioned injustice.

You instead frame it as giving something to people that did not go through the original injustice. The purpose was to inflame people and to troll them because your life is void of something and you are looking to fill it with attention, even if its negative.

Find something more meaningful.

I find the left very hypocritical in how they selectively apply logic, as pointed out in the OP. My issue is that the left today creates racism and bigotry by drawing new lines and reinforcing old lines between us. They keep their foots firmly on the necks of minorities, they just no longer use force to do so, but brainwash people into thinking the white man is evil and that they must be victims today. As long as they keep that mentality going, people will never achieve and it will be a lot harder to do away with racism and prejudice.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I find the left very hypocritical in how they selectively apply logic, as pointed out in the OP. My issue is that the left today creates racism and bigotry by drawing new lines and reinforcing old lines between us. They keep their foots firmly on the necks of minorities, they just no longer use force to do so, but brainwash people into thinking the white man is evil and that they must be victims today. As long as they keep that mentality going, people will never achieve and it will be a lot harder to do away with racism and prejudice.

Tell me, are you for gay marriage? If yes, why do you think so many on the Right are/were opposed to it? Do you also take issue with their hypocrisy?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Tell me, are you for gay marriage? If yes, why do you think so many on the Right are/were opposed to it? Do you also take issue with their hypocrisy?

100% for LGBT marriage. I do not care what consenting adults do if it does not affect others' rights. What hypocrisy to you mean? If a person thinks it is up to them to decide which two consenting adults can marry, I think that person is in the wrong.

Reactions: HurleyBird

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
100% for LGBT marriage. I do not care what consenting adults do if it does not affect others' rights. What hypocrisy to you mean? If a person thinks it is up to them to decide which two consenting adults can marry, I think that person is in the wrong.

I know you think they are in the wrong. What I asked you was why you think they were/are opposed to it.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I know you think they are in the wrong. What I asked you was why you think they were/are opposed to it.

Because I think a lot of the right consists of conservative christians that think what their version of god wants somehow matters in regards to our law. They are wrong.

Reactions: HurleyBird

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I saw this Fox News article yesterday, and I must admit I chuckled. The headline claims reparations but I did not see that quoted / spoken by anyone in the actual article. Seems like sensationalism / propaganda from Fox. What Harris is actually talking about is the usual "invest in minority communities" thing that I would expect from any Democrat. It's par the course, and has been occurring... my whole life, I believe. I'm sure Bush even did some of those investments.

Anyways, I do take issue with wanting to push for and/or elevate one group over another. Yes, even if they have been greatly wronged in the past and still suffer for it today. My solution is to apply a race neutral, poverty based, approach. One that ignores race and simply helps the poor. The poorest among us obviously seeing the biggest gains. If they happen to be minority, then that's great for them. Essentially the same result, but with a much stronger sales pitch and sense of moral clarity. Of treating everyone equal.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Because I think a lot of the right consists of conservative christians that think what their version of god wants somehow matters in regards to our law.

So do you find it hypocritical that those people push their idea of morality upon others through laws, and yet, get offended when the Left tries to codify their moral beliefs into reparations and or legislation?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So do you find it hypocritical that those people push their idea of morality upon others through laws, and yet, get offended when the Left tries to codify their moral beliefs into reparations and or legislation?

It depends. This could really spin into a discussion about anarchy and the right to force anyone to live by any rules. And then there is the reality that morality has always been a sliding scale throughout history based on societal norms and generally what the majority wants. But, it isn't necessarily a problem where their morality and that of general society overlap. As an example most people believe it isn't right to murder people. For some maybe that comes from god, for some it is their own moral compass. Generally we're all fine with that as a rule because regardless of where it comes from it is something a majority of us can get behind. The issue becomes more murky when things aren't as clear cut, abortion, prohibition, capital punishment, etc. come to mind as examples.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Democrats are hypocrites volume 9084388948297

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-warren-embrace-reparations-for-black-americans

They keep going further and further left, keep lowering the bar.

So, Democrats think people that are generations removed from slavery, people that have never ever felt the pain of such a practice, should be paid for being victim to slavery. Some ~150 years after slavery ended.

These are the same people that think that dreamers should stay in America because guilt cannot be passed down, not a child's fault their illegal parents had birth in a country they shouldn't be in.
You and Fox have something in common, you are only honest on days that don't end in "y".

Here is what Harris actually said...
"We have to be honest that people in this country do not start from the same place or have access to the same opportunities," Harris said in the statement to the Times. "I’m serious about taking an approach that would change policies and structures and make real investments in black communities."

Despite you and the authors characterizations that was NOT a call for reparations.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It depends. This could really spin into a discussion about anarchy and the right to force anyone to live by any rules. And then there is the reality that morality has always been a sliding scale throughout history based on societal norms and generally what the majority wants. But, it isn't necessarily a problem where their morality and that of general society overlap. As an example most people believe it isn't right to murder people. For some maybe that comes from god, for some it is their own moral compass. Generally we're all fine with that as a rule because regardless of where it comes from it is something a majority of us can get behind. The issue becomes more murky when things aren't as clear cut, abortion, prohibition, capital punishment, etc. come to mind as examples.

Then why not have a discussion about people's subjective morality and beliefs, instead of framing it in a hyperbolic way?

Yes, society has to adhere to rules for it to function. That means at least a roughly agreed upon belief of what is moral and what is not.

What I wonder is why you feel this topic was worth of a discussion given your stated reason is was hypocrisy, but, you do not start threads about other types of hypocrisy.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Then why not have a discussion about people's subjective morality and beliefs, instead of framing it in a hyperbolic way?

Yes, society has to adhere to rules for it to function. That means at least a roughly agreed upon belief of what is moral and what is not.

What I wonder is why you feel this topic was worth of a discussion given your stated reason is was hypocrisy, but, you do not start threads about other types of hypocrisy.

Because non one is perfect and one can find issue with anything anyone does, much less either political party. I don't feel this is hyperbole at all. The left are hypocrites up and down the board. Sure, the right has their moments as well. But today, I see far more issue with the left and how insane they've become since Trump was elected. This is just another example, and it was a news story that I saw today. Had I seen something showing the right doing something similar, I would have happily posted it. But, nothing new came up, I don't see Trump talking about removing LGBT marriage rights while he's complaining about those that want sharia law, as an example. I do see the OP as relevant today given that they are candidates running for president. Pointing out their hypocrisy and ever increasing charge to the left is fair game.

*edit - And I want to add, one of the big issues I have with the left today is that they manufacture racism and bigotry while smuggly thinking they own the moral high ground in the fight against it. Keep them on the plantation, keep everyone a victim.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yup, she is... that is exactly right out of the "keep them on the plantation" modern Democrat playbook. Keep making excuses for people when they have all the opportunity in the world right in front of them, keep brainwashing people into believing they are victims that can't achieve, keep drawing lines between us.
Teh projection! lol