Dem Strategist: Women don't need guns, just tell men not to rape

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Seems like the typical brainless nobody Fox wants viewers to believe represent the opposition.

Standard Fox noise, but this time it's to address all the bad PR the GOP has brought on itself lately regarding rape. Pretty much what is expected of the party's propaganda outlet.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Seems like the typical brainless nobody Fox wants viewers to believe represent the opposition.

Standard Fox noise, but this time it's to address all the bad PR the GOP has brought on itself lately regarding rape. Pretty much what is expected of the party's propaganda outlet.

I agree. We should listen someone a little higher up.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2304743

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2303207

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2300311

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2297761

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Wow, just wow. I know I shouldn't expect anything else from you, but still.

I posted a link showing that. 73% of women that feminists claimed were "raped" don't think they were raped. And 42% of women had sex with their "rapist" after being raped.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
No, marriage is a state, sex is an act. Marriage is a consent to a state, the state of being married. Upon getting married you do not give blanket consent to sex until death. The fact that you seem to think such is one of the most fucked up things I've ever heard.

You obviously missed this then:

Police responded after Saldana's wife called 911 to say he wouldn't leave their home when she asked. Saldana was walking along a sidewalk when the officer and dog approached. He said he turned around and dropped to the ground when asked, but Astor still attacked.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/03/01/2494813/police-dog-attack-leads-to-major.html#

So basically a woman can call 911 complain that her husband won't leave their home when she asks and the police will come and "take care of him".

Yeah. And you wonder why I don't think women should be able to cry that their husband raped them except in extreme conditions.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

But then doing that wouldn't help out with the 'rape issue' the GOP is having. Biden is talking gun control, he's not a woman with personal experience of rape talking about gun control.

How very Fox-esque of you to conflate the two. Bravo.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That isn't done already?

Actually, no, it isn't done already. Millions of religious fuckwits are afraid to even teach their kids about sex, let alone what constitutes rape and why you shouldn't do it, since that is someone else's job.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
“I don’t think that we should be telling women anything,” Maxwell said. “I think we should be telling men not to rape women and start the conversation there.”

Instead, Maxwell, who is a rape survivor herself, said she wants women to “not be in this situation.” She added that if you “train” men not to be rapists, we can prevent rape.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...self-defense-just-tell-men-not-to-rape-women/

Where is the outrage from the left on this? Regardless of your feelings on guns, telling women to "not be in this situation" and asserting that men wouldn't rape if told not to is just plain stupid. This is on par with "legitimate rape" et al. Why no mention of it? Both sides of the fence have gone fucking looney.

Sorry if R. I searched.

Lets return the topic to the idiotic democrat who said this nonsense. I realize the libs on this forum want to deflect away and blame republicans for everything, but this one falls squarely on the democratic party. You cannot escape that fact. All your deflections are hereby nullified.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Lets return the topic to the idiotic democrat who said this nonsense. I realize the libs on this forum want to deflect away and blame republicans for everything, but this one falls squarely on the democratic party. You cannot escape that fact. All your deflections are hereby nullified.

I see you didn't get any smarter in your absence.

You heard it here folks! She shoulders THE BLAME, and it's a FACT!

lol, is there any weak Fox tactic you guys won't attempt for years on end even though it just makes people laugh at you?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
But then doing that wouldn't help out with the 'rape issue' the GOP is having. Biden is talking gun control, he's not a woman with personal experience of rape talking about gun control.

How very Fox-esque of you to conflate the two. Bravo.

And this thread shows the Liberals are doing SOOOOO much better with the rape issue.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
She actually made a perfect point regarding rape and guns in that honestly women having more guns wouldn't make a significant impact on rape prevention just like banning assault rifles wouldn't have a significant impact on gun violence. As she said, if it was about having guns then the military would be the safest place for women and it's not. But most of the time a woman gets raped it's not a attack by a stranger in which she'd be pulling a gun, it's done by someone she knows and is happening before she realizes it.

If you want to prevent rape you should look at the source not the victim. Educating women about "how not to get raped" is not the way to go, working on teaching men to respect women as equals and not rape them is what needs to be done.

I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that a good number of male P&N posters were rapists considering how many of them seem to have zero respect for women.

It's interesting to note that those women who are taken on the streets and raped aren't significant in your eyes. All rapes are tragedies and not all preventable, but that you want them all to be unavoidable says a good deal about the respect you hold for women. You want them to be all equal, all unprotected.

As far as telling men not to rape, I think that's absurd. How about we tell people not to steal, or not to kill. How about not to lie or cheat others. If we do that then that will eliminate all crime.

Men know not to rape, but they do it anyway. Women know not to steal, but they do it anyway. You can talk all day and it's still going to happen. Removing the means to prevent it will not make things better.

There is indeed a lack of moral training in our society and if parents taught their children what is right and what is wrong we'd be the better for it, but in the best of situations there are those who will harm anyway. Letting them do so is not wise.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Actually, no, it isn't done already. Millions of religious fuckwits are afraid to even teach their kids about sex, let alone what constitutes rape and why you shouldn't do it, since that is someone else's job.

Damn, I know lots of religious fuckwits and all of them seem to know not to rape.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
And this thread shows the Liberals are doing SOOOOO much better with the rape issue.

I see you're not trying to run with your Biden diversions anymore, good for you.

I think this threads shows a lot of stupidity from a variety of sources, and I'm not defending that idiots position or choice of words, but it shouldn't take a Rhodes Scholar to note whereas the Dems might have a few of these obscure idiots in the wings (naive enough to go on Fox to boot) the GOP idiots that put her to shame and are actually party leaders and elected officials looking to legislate their warped views. When Hillary Clinton repeats that same shit, then by all means, feel free cue the foam in your mouth.

I know it's a desperate time for far right conservatives on issues concerning the much feared vagina, but the constant apples to oranges comparisons aren't helping their cause. Letting Fox play you for suckers with the tired shit they've been doing for years, even moreso.

Apr 27, 2012
I posted a link showing that. 73% of women that feminists claimed were "raped" don't think they were raped. And 42% of women had sex with their "rapist" after being raped.

Excellent point. One of the problems with these feminists is they are so anti-men. If a woman regrets having sex with a guy then that is not rape!

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

A strategist for the DNC said it (hint - it says such in the thread title). I am surprised you consider the DNC to be brainless nobodies.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I see you didn't get any smarter in your absence.

You heard it here folks! She shoulders THE BLAME, and it's a FACT!

lol, is there any weak Fox tactic you guys won't attempt for years on end even though it just makes people laugh at you?

Who should get the blame for her saying things, other than her? Tell me, who else is responsible for the words she spoke, since you are implying SHE is not to blame for what SHE said?

Enlighten us with your "wisdom".

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I see you're not trying to run with your Biden diversions anymore, good for you.

I think this threads shows a lot of stupidity from a variety of sources, and I'm not defending that idiots position or choice of words, but it shouldn't take a Rhodes Scholar to note whereas the Dems might have a few of these obscure idiots in the wings (naive enough to go on Fox to boot) the GOP idiots that put her to shame and are actually party leaders and elected officials looking to legislate their warped views. When Hillary Clinton repeats that same shit, then by all means, feel free cue the foam in your mouth.

I know it's a desperate time for far right conservatives on issues concerning the much feared vagina, but the constant apples to oranges comparisons aren't helping their cause. Letting Fox play you for suckers with the tired shit they've been doing for years, even moreso.

You mean I was trying to divert your diversion? :)

I see enough idiots on boths sides and they both sides should hang their heads in shame.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

I think all we can safely conclude is that Democrats normally have enough sense not to talk about rape.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Rape can be very complex, it's not always "knife to your throat." Are there cases where rape didn't occur and some woman may claim it for whatever bullshit reason? Sure. But there are far more cases of rape that go under reported for a myriad of reasons.

It's a complex psychosocial issue. I've seen woman who were raped "knife to the throat" completely shell shocked hours afterward denying it happened. Hell, denying it happened for days, weeks, months. Or claiming it wasn't rape because they "deserved" it or "let it happen." I have no idea how this "73%" statistic was developed, and nor do you.

As for the 42%. How is this a surprise? Unless your one that thinks a husband/bf can't rape a wife/gf. Sexual abuse in a relationship is hardly something rare or unseen. There are woman who have been raped over and over for years, doesn't mean it isn't rape.

I guess it must be nice to live in a delusional black and white world like the one you must spend your reality within.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Rape can be very complex, it's not always "knife to your throat." Are there cases where rape didn't occur and some woman may claim it for whatever bullshit reason? Sure. But there are far more cases of rape that go under reported for a myriad of reasons.

It's a complex psychosocial issue.

Lets assume what you say is true.

Doesn't that make the solution of "tell men not to rape women" even sillier? I mean if even women cannot tell if they were raped how are men suppose to know?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
A strategist for the DNC said it (hint - it says such in the thread title). I am surprised you consider the DNC to be brainless nobodies.

I'm surprised a part time law student who did some grass roots field organizing for the Obama campaign is considered some kind of DNC Strategist, one important enough that her opinions speak for other Dems.

Apart from her mind numbingly stupid comments, I can't seem to find anything about the woman that makes her relevant and/or a spokesperson for the Dem party.

Feel free to show everyone just why she is so influential, or better yet provide anything to show her opinions are held by others.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So,

If telling men not to rape prevents rape. And every man has been told not to rape.

Does that imply there is no rape, and every time a woman says she has been raped she is lying?

:confused:

:p

:hmm:

Sometimes I believe politicians dont think these comments all the way through.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I'm surprised a part time law student who did some grass roots field organizing for the Obama campaign is considered some kind of DNC Strategist, one important enough that her opinions speak for other Dems.

Apart from her mind numbingly stupid comments, I can't seem to find anything about the woman that makes her relevant and/or a spokesperson for the Dem party.

Feel free to show everyone just why she is so influential, or better yet provide anything to show her opinions are held by others.

Whether she is a DNC strategist I'll not argue. I assume she's not. Nevertheless she represents a significant part of the Democratic party which seeks to deny women means to defend themselves in a crisis. When one adds all the comments by her, the "stab them with a pen", Joe Biden's incredibly stupid comments with the power of office, it is something not to pretend is insignificant. The Democrats in my state (NY) have made virtually all means of defense (not just guns) illegal because they could. I'm not so skeptical of crazy excesses becoming law of the land as I used to be and that's because I've seen it happen too many times.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Who should get the blame for her saying things, other than her? Tell me, who else is responsible for the words she spoke, since you are implying SHE is not to blame for what SHE said?

Enlighten us with your "wisdom".

You really have legitimate reading problems, don't you?
Accordingly to you, the Dems should get the blame. Hence my quoting it and replying.

Your exact words were:

"Lets return the topic to the idiotic democrat who said this nonsense. I realize the libs on this forum want to deflect away and blame republicans for everything, but this one falls squarely on the democratic party. You cannot escape that fact."

I'd like to think it shouldn't take Enlightenment to realize taking both sides of an argument is as intellectually dishonest as it is untenable. As you are demonstrating though, there are plenty willing to try it.

Your bans were richly deserved, I think I'm going to pretend you're still gone.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You mean I was trying to divert your diversion? :)

I meant exactly what I said. You bleating that Dems are no better on the rape issue than the GOP is not supported by links about Biden making gaffes about gun use and ownership.

I see enough idiots on boths sides and they both sides should hang their heads in shame.

Impressive, given the limitations of your view. Now all you have to do is not be a hack.