Dem/Rep poll: Would you vote for someone accused by multiple women of sexual assault?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Depends on who the other choices were. Against trump? Hell yeah. Against Romney? Most likely not. Against Bush Sr? Nope. Against Bush Jr? I'd be split. Against mccain? Yes.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Anyone notice that republicans congress critters are eerily silent in calling for the resignation of Franken & Conyers? What are they afraid of? You’d think they’d be all over this. Couldn’t be that they’ve got some problem members as well. $15 mil paid out in hush money.

They don't need to. They can stay silent and the dems will police themselves. Why would they shine the light on their hypocrisy?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Depends on who the other choices were. Against trump? Hell yeah. Against Romney? Most likely not. Against Bush Sr? Nope. Against Bush Jr? I'd be split. Against mccain? Yes.
The short version of my point.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Hey I think that I've found a conservative convention promoting family values.:p I wonder if Roy supports the home?:eek:

Last edited:

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Roy Moore is accused of sexually molesting minors. This is certainly above and beyond what Bill Clinton and Donald Trump did. I'd say I wouldn't vote for any of these people since I don't think as a society we should be encouraging and rewarding this type of predatory behavior.

You want a politician more inline with your values, you should pick someone else in your party to represent you.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Moore was seeking to boink or molest girls between 14 and 17. I don't care WHAT Christian mythology says -- that's pedophilia. It's especially bad for him being 32 or older and a District Attorney at the time. A man who is supposed to prosecute the guilty, when "offenses of a sechshual nature are especially anus," to misquote "L & O Special Victims."

I had heard some people assert that Clinton was a sexual predator; that "Monica was as young as my own daughter." Monica was a ripe 18 or older. Monica had boasted to girlfriends before leaving LA, in a clear insinuation about eager fellatio, that she had her "presidential knee-pads all ready." Clinton and Monica were two disordered people on a collision course for an Oral Office wreck.

If Clinton had boinked or fingered other adult women, it is still not the same. Nor can you compare the hypocrisy of the two men. Moore is what I would call an "Elmer Gantry Scoundrel." He was a judicial incompetent, and twice dismissed from that job. Only ignorant people want to see public offices filled with mediocrities and incompetents. But there are plenty of ignorant people who vote.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The bottom line is that glenn1's suggestion that Clinton voters knowingly voted for someone accused by multiple women of sexual assault is mendacious.

No, it isn't. I already said, it was brought to light in 1992. Just because some media outlets protected Clinton doens't mean it was information that was circulated. Also, as I said earlier, Dems still knowingly voted for Billary today, excusing his behavior by voting her and the husband/company she keeps into the White House.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Moore was seeking to boink or molest girls between 14 and 17. I don't care WHAT Christian mythology says -- that's pedophilia. It's especially bad for him being 32 or older and a District Attorney at the time. A man who is supposed to prosecute the guilty, when "offenses of a sechshual nature are especially anus," to misquote "L & O Special Victims."

I had heard some people assert that Clinton was a sexual predator; that "Monica was as young as my own daughter." Monica was a ripe 18 or older. Monica had boasted to girlfriends before leaving LA, in a clear insinuation about eager fellatio, that she had her "presidential knee-pads all ready." Clinton and Monica were two disordered people on a collision course for an Oral Office wreck.

If Clinton had boinked or fingered other adult women, it is still not the same. Nor can you compare the hypocrisy of the two men. Moore is what I would call an "Elmer Gantry Scoundrel." He was a judicial incompetent, and twice dismissed from that job. Only ignorant people want to see public offices filled with mediocrities and incompetents. But there are plenty of ignorant people who vote.

There’s plenty of reasons to vote against Moore completely separate from the sexual predatory behavior. And as someone else pointed out, hopefully we’re into a new wage where credible allegations aren’t brushed aside in pursuit of partisan aims. One doesn’t need to specifically call out the Moore and Clinton examples to know this has been an issue for some time.