Dem lawmakers announce bill to limit mail-order and internet ammunition sales.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Um, we still do those things, and will continue doing them for a long time most likely.

Just like when there's a spike in crime in an area, more police show up for a few weeks or months.

We do them because paranoid law makers push stupid agendas backed by the paranoid populous they created. They haven't even been effective, if you think they have post evidence to your claims. We have already posted numerous sources saying they haven't done anything, you've yet to cough up one.

The only thing they've done is make people not want to fly airplanes.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Who said I was radical left?

edit: warrentless wiretapping doesn't bother me much, no. You have to realize that the world is primarily indifferent. The government doesn't give a fuck about you unless you're actively planning harm on others. Otherwise, it's just too tedious to care.

I've read your posts, numbskull. It's pretty apparent which team you go to bat for.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
This thread has more vaginas than an OB/GYN office. So much fear, so little intelligence.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
This thread has more vaginas than an OB/GYN office. So much fear, so little intelligence.

Well, you know what they say, you are what you eat ...dick.

Sorry, had to bring it down to your level for you.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Well, you know what they say, you are what you eat ...dick.

Sorry, had to bring it down to your level for you.
You know for someone who talks about fear so much he has problems recognizing his own baseless paranoid delusions and fear that our guns are gonna sneak up and kill him some day...some idiots are just clueless and always will be:rolleyes:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
You know for someone who talks about fear so much he has problems recognizing his own baseless paranoid delusions and fear that our guns are gonna sneak up and kill him some day...some idiots are just clueless and always will be:rolleyes:

Well yea, didn't ya know? Guns can just jump out of their safes and go on shooting rampages.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Well yea, didn't ya know? Guns can just jump out of their safes and go on shooting rampages.
I thought I read something like that in Paranoid Delusional Nutcase weekly...

They love to say we're so scared but they're the ones afraid of our guns

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Gun control is the enemy of the people and the friend of authoritarian, Communist/Dictatorial government.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Awww shucks.

Why not just accept the tradeoff? Buy a few rounds at the shooting range when you go. Acknowledge that mass shootings are a problem and that's one step that helps prevent it.

Umm, because when I go shooting, I tend to fire off more than a 'few' rounds. If you want to work on your technique, to be gain proper proficiency with your weapon as opposed to your average gangsta, you can easily go through 150 rounds; especially if you take someone with you like I do. And like so many other things, it's cheaper to buy in bulk.

The shooting in Aurora was tragic, my heart goes out to the victims and their families. However, these events are not extremely common, even though one is more than enough. But if you look at it compared to the murder rate in Chicago... Those murders are most likely not being done by people using AR15s with 100 round mags who buy 5k rounds of ammo.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009

And SUVs just lose control all by themselves and plow through homes and storefronts. Seriously, listen to the news when you hear about an incident with an SUV.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Well shit that didn't take long, just decided I should pick up another 1k or so rounds of 223 and wouldn't you know it, almost everywhere is backordered:\

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Check out my new weapon of mass destruction

lHYnZ.jpg

Well shit that didn't take long, just decided I should pick up another 1k or so rounds of 223 and wouldn't you know it, almost everywhere is backordered:\

Natchez was backordered last week. I did score some 9mm though.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
Check out my new weapon of mass destruction

lHYnZ.jpg

Natchez was backordered last week. I did score some 9mm though.

Damn, that looks funny as hell:D

Yeah I should have known better and ordered the day after it happened, of course I can try my local Academy and hope they have some in stock, tax is the only difference in price but still it sucks

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Umm, because when I go shooting, I tend to fire off more than a 'few' rounds. If you want to work on your technique, to be gain proper proficiency with your weapon as opposed to your average gangsta, you can easily go through 150 rounds; especially if you take someone with you like I do. And like so many other things, it's cheaper to buy in bulk.

The shooting in Aurora was tragic, my heart goes out to the victims and their families. However, these events are not extremely common, even though one is more than enough. But if you look at it compared to the murder rate in Chicago... Those murders are most likely not being done by people using AR15s with 100 round mags who buy 5k rounds of ammo.

So you're talking like 5 bucks in savings, I take it?

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
From a practical position, not every problem has a solution.
This is the school of thought I am in.

"Shooting rampage" situations are incredibly unique. We need to keep people from wanting to go on shooting rampages rather than restrict access to anything.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
you check surplus ammo?
It's not that you can't find any at all but all my cheapo 1k rnds for $200 sites are OOS:'(

Well that and they are now like $225+ for 1k...I just backordered a couple cases for good measure, it's not like I'm totally out right now

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
This is the school of thought I am in.

"Shooting rampage" situations are incredibly unique. We need to keep people from wanting to go on shooting rampages rather than restrict access to anything.

I wonder what would have happened if someone with a CCW was there? Sure he had a bullet proof vest on, but that doesn't mean he is super man.

Whats funny, is that if I wasn't on vacation I would've been at that theater since I live right down the street from it (not the exact theater, but Century 16). Also, something they haven't addressed is why there wasn't an armed security guard there like there usually is? Every time I have gone before there is an off duty cop or a securitas guy in the lobby because it isn't the nicest area of town.

edit: the also have been routinely getting robbed this summer.

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
So you're talking like 5 bucks in savings, I take it?

Please, stop posting about guns, you are so incredibly ignorant on the subject. Really you have no clue about the things you are trying to debate. It would behoove you to at least halfway educate yourself on the subject before you continue to make yourself look like a complete fool.