Dem lawmakers announce bill to limit mail-order and internet ammunition sales.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Dimlibs trying once again disarm law abiding citizens and stop them from exercising their constitutional rights. In the words of Cyndi Lauper: "I see your true colors, shining through".

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
have six shooters been used in public killings in the same way that glock handguns have? It would physically be impossible since you have to reload each round by hand.

Never heard of a speed loader? You can reload a revolver almost as quickly as a semi-auto. You're an ignorant buffoon. Typical bleeding heart.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
I wonder how exactly this is going to solve the problem. I have to make two stops at a local gun store before going on a planned rampage to kill people? I don't get it. The citizens should NEVER be limited to have less than the police. It we allow the police to arm up with 30rd AR-15's and 15rd magazines in their Glocks, then the citizens should be allowed the same thing.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Never heard of a speed loader? You can reload a revolver almost as quickly as a semi-auto. You're an ignorant buffoon. Typical bleeding heart.

I'm sorry, I was actually displeased by the Aurora shooting, and I didn't go out to buy a gun after this horrendous event.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Isn't that a Republican line?

Frankly, the War on Terror has changed my perspective on liberty and security.

I saw that in the Bush years, they kept the country safe without materially compromising freedom. As a private citizen I found that none of the scary "1984" predictions came to pass. Artists are still as free as ever to make their art, people say all sorts of nasty shit about the leader of the country and they get away with it.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

I saw that in the Bush years, they kept the country safe without materially compromising freedom. As a private citizen I found that none of the scary "1984" predictions came to pass. Artists are still as free as ever to make their art, people say all sorts of nasty shit about the leader of the country and they get away with it.

Really? We bombed and killed a guy and his 16 year old kid in Yemen because he spoke out about this govt.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Really? We bombed and killed a guy and his 16 year old kid in Yemen because he spoke out about this govt.

Oversimplification.

He directly influenced Nidal Hassan to shoot up Ft. Hood.

In war, collateral damage means that if you had sent troops to go after him in blackhawk helicopters, it could have been a "blackhawk down" disaster, and hundreds would die.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
What if I told you, I don't need an ar-15 and a 100 round magazine to kill 12 people? All I need is an SUV and a farmers market. Are you going to ban SUVs and Farmers Markets too?

Firearms are the number one method that murderers go to in order to commit the crime.

Vehicles aren't even in the top ten.

That being said banning ammo sales online? don't know if that would work so well.

I'd lean more toward no new High capacity magazine sales.

In the Arizona shooting of the Senator and others the perpetrator was tackled when he stopped to reload.

Unfortunately he had a 30 round magazine for his pistol.

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Oversimplification.

He directly influenced Nidal Hassan to shoot up Ft. Hood.

In war, collateral damage means that if you had sent troops to go after him in blackhawk helicopters, it could have been a "blackhawk down" disaster, and hundreds would die.

Sure he did which is why the admin isnt releasing their proof. How convenient the admin that gets to play judge and executioneer also is the only party to see this evidence.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sure he did which is why the admin isnt releasing their proof. How convenient the admin that gets to play judge and executioneer also is the only party to see this evidence.

I'll start worrying when they use predator drones to shoot up suspected drug shipments.

But all good reporting points that he was a bad apple.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I'll start worrying when they use predator drones to shoot up suspected drug shipments.

But all good reporting points that he was a bad apple.

Bad apple according to whom? This guy was friends of the govt post 9-11. Bush even praised him. That was until we started blowing up the middle east and he questioned and eventually spoke out about it. Next thing we know he is a supposed terrorist that isnt afforded a trial. What a coincidence.

Dont worry about the drones situation. They are expecting to have thousands of them hovering above us by the end of the decade.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I think it's, as usual, posturing. Too many of us Dems carry/hunt for this ever to go anywhere. As you can see it makes for good scurred gun nut circle jerk accelerant though, not much else...

I'm an independent feeling exactly the same way. LOL on the accelerant dig. Over-reacting to an over-reaction makes for fun reading.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Bad apple according to whom? This guy was friends of the govt post 9-11. Bush even praised him. That was until we started blowing up the middle east and he questioned and eventually spoke out about it. Next thing we know he is a supposed terrorist that isnt afforded a trial. What a coincidence.

Dont worry about the drones situation. They are expecting to have thousands of them hovering above us by the end of the decade.

I trust my government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki

Ichigo

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2005
The point is, if someone wanted to go kill a bunch of people they will find a way. So restricting the sale of ammunition to the 99.99% of sane people who own guns is not in any way shape or form constructive at reducing gun crime.

And who said you need fertilizer to kill someone? Last I checked running them over with a 5000lb SUV does the trick.

Sound evidence for getting rid of the TSA completely.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/28/opinion/oe-lott28

Opponents of the ban claimed that its expiration has seen little if any increase in crime, while Senator Feinstein claimed the ban was effective because "It was drying up supply and driving up prices. The number of those guns used in crimes dropped because they were fewer available."[2] A spokesman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) stated that he "can in no way vouch for the validity" of Brady Campaign's claim that the ban was responsible for violent crime's decline.[3]
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studied the "assault weapon" ban and other gun control schemes, and found "insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws reviewed for preventing violence."[4] A 2004 critical review of research on firearms by a National Research Council panel also noted that academic studies of the assault weapon ban "did not reveal any clear impacts on gun violence" and noted "due to the fact that the relative rarity with which the banned guns were used in crime before the ban ... the maximum potential effect of the ban on gun violence outcomes would be very small...."[5]
from wikipedia on the awb of 1994

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Firearms are the number one method that murderers go to in order to commit the crime.

Vehicles aren't even in the top ten.

That being said banning ammo sales online? don't know if that would work so well.

I'd lean more toward no new High capacity magazine sales.

In the Arizona shooting of the Senator and others the perpetrator was tackled when he stopped to reload.

Unfortunately he had a 30 round magazine for his pistol.

Hi cap mags don't cause crime, banning them will have no effect on crime.

I'm sorry, I was actually displeased by the Aurora shooting, and I didn't go out to buy a gun after this horrendous event.

You are acting like we were happy it happened. NO one was pleased with it, but its stupid to try and push an agenda like this and ride on the coattails of some disaster. Its fucked up, that people are so dickless they need something like this to push a point. If you can't come up with a good argument for something without a major disaster like this then it most not be a good argument.

Oh wait, lots of people are dickless. Say this never happened, you know who would try to ban ammo sales online and hi-cap mags? No one, because its completely irrelevant to crime. NO one would even try, and the only reason why they are now is because it makes it look like they care and actually do something.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Hi cap mags don't cause crime, banning them will have no effect on crime.

You are acting like we were happy it happened. NO one was pleased with it, but its stupid to try and push an agenda like this and ride on the coattails of some disaster. Its fucked up, that people are so dickless they need something like this to push a point. If you can't come up with a good argument for something without a major disaster like this then it most not be a good argument.

Oh wait, lots of people are dickless. Say this never happened, you know who would try to ban ammo sales online and hi-cap mags? No one, because its completely irrelevant to crime. NO one would even try, and the only reason why they are now is because it makes it look like they care and actually do something.

Before 9/11 we had no reason to pay attention to flight booking patterns or flight school roster lists.

Before the shoe bomber we didn't have to take our shoes off before getting onto an airplane.

We have multiple events of mass shootings and yet compared to all of that, we're doing nothing.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
Before 9/11 we had no reason to pay attention to flight booking patterns or flight school roster lists.

Before the shoe bomber we didn't have to take our shoes off before getting onto an airplane.

We have multiple events of mass shootings and yet compared to all of that, we're doing nothing.

We still have no reason to worry about any of those things. Its called paranoia.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Hahahaha, so warrantless wiretapping is A-OK with you? The radical left is such an amusing bunch of buffoons. It must be difficult to maintain a sane grasp on such radically shifting ideas about freedom and fascism.

"BUSH IS A FASCIST! DOWN WITH NAZI BUSH! But we sure do like everything we say being monitored, give us some more of that..."

Edit: karmypolitics is the face of the new American "liberal" and it's why I can't justify voting for a Democrat any more than I can for a Republican. It's amazing how the left, the dirty hippies who were protesting the government just a few short decades ago, now trust government bureaucrats completely and want them running everything and demanding obedience to our masters in DC. Meanwhile, it's the right wing and their Tea Party which march in protest of government. The world is a strange place.

Last edited:

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Hahahaha, so warrantless wiretapping is A-OK with you? The radical left is such an amusing bunch of buffoons. It must be difficult to maintain a sane grasp on such radically shifting ideas about freedom and fascism.

"BUSH IS A FASCIST! DOWN WITH NAZI BUSH! But we sure do like everything we say being monitored, give us some more of that..."

Who said I was radical left?

edit: warrentless wiretapping doesn't bother me much, no. You have to realize that the world is primarily indifferent. The government doesn't give a fuck about you unless you're actively planning harm on others. Otherwise, it's just too tedious to care.

Last edited:

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005

Also, the patriot act has been used more in drug related offenses then terror related offense. and the TSA hasn't prevented anything that they didn't start.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
We still have no reason to worry about any of those things. Its called paranoia.

Um, we still do those things, and will continue doing them for a long time most likely.

Just like when there's a spike in crime in an area, more police show up for a few weeks or months.