dell xps m1330 microphone not working

Uppie1414

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2003
Hey guys and gals

I need some help figuring out why skype doesn't work (my mic isn't picking up...says it doesn't see my sound driver)?

Any thoughts?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Make sure your mike is not muted in audio options.

Uppie1414

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2003
I had to reformat, so I believe the audio drives are F-ed up. Any idea on how to get these back?

The cd that came with the laptop didn't do the trick

somethingsketchy

Golden Member
Nov 25, 2008
Dell's support website should have the drivers necessary to get the microphone working. I'd check them out as they'll have the latest drivers available for your specified OS

Irondingo

Mar 5, 2013
I had this problem with my mic working in every program except skype and after two hours of tinkering and downloading the sigma driver package from the dell website its working. This includes the 15 minutes it took to register here because I couldnt get the "captcha" code right and it kept resetting the page. Antways I went to dell downloads and downloaded and installed R186858.exe sigma drivers (restart when finished) and then I found by right clicking the speaker on the taskbar and selecting "recording devices" and then "microphone array" properties. After this click the "Enhancements" tab and tick the "speakerphone". Then and only then did skype have the correct gain level to pick up voice levels from the mic. This worked for me I hope it helps some one else. o_O