Question Dell website rant

DBissett

Sep 29, 2000
From time to time I shop Dell's website for monitors and rely on the specifications page for lots of info. I just went there and found they've apparently removed the specs page from their monitor pages. All that's left is their marketing department's junk about how great the monitor is. What's up with that? Did they decide that customers know so little that they don't have to include the specs anymore? You do have the choice of looking up the manual, but that's a lot more clicks because you've got to search for it....there is no link that will take you directly to the manual for the product you're looking at. I guess that would be too much work on their marketers.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Yeah, mfg's suck big time when they remove the technical specs for their products. Do they assume that the general popular is simply getting dumber, or are they hiding something? Chances are, they're hiding something.

The major HDD mfg's did that too, when they started calling 5400RPM HDD (a "bad word", "5400RPM"), "Intelli-whatever". Total BS.

Chapbass

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Which page are you seeing this?

If I click "Tech Specs" its all right there.

They actually even give you specs of similar monitors compared with the one you've selected.

Theres the 34" as well.