Dell UltraSharpTM 2208WFP

imported_Emperor

May 19, 2006
some of u guys might remember me asking about the nec lcd 20wmgx. NEC decided to price itself out of the market.

Anyway, I was looking through Dell and I saw this LCD. I couldnt find any panel info on this lcd. but google turned up results stating it is a TN panel.

But an ultrasharp lcd using TN panels?

anyone can advise?

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
TN, and no height adjustment. Gone are the days when Dell was a crazy deal with the best height adjustment stand on the market, S-IPS panels with good response time, and very competitive prices. They've gone the way of all OEMs that make too much money and realize once they build the reputation customer service and quality of goods can drop and they'll still sell like hotcakes.

imported_Emperor

May 19, 2006
WTF? an ultrasharp using a TN panel?

MAN, there isn't any affordable SIPS panels are there ? btw, there's a guy in a local forum trying to hold ppl hostage by selling his 2007WFP at above retail prices. Did I mention it was a year old and above and his attitude stinks?

imported_Emperor

May 19, 2006
Originally posted by: Astrallite
TN, and no height adjustment. Gone are the days when Dell was a crazy deal with the best height adjustment stand on the market, S-IPS panels with good response time, and very competitive prices. They've gone the way of all OEMs that make too much money and realize once they build the reputation customer service and quality of goods can drop and they'll still sell like hotcakes.

Actually, there is.
Tilt, Swivel, Height Adjustable, Pivot

yacoub

Golden Member
May 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Astrallite
Gone are the days when Dell was a crazy deal with the best height adjustment stand on the market, S-IPS panels with good response time, and very competitive prices. They've gone the way of all OEMs that make too much money and realize once they build the reputation customer service and quality of goods can drop and they'll still sell like hotcakes.

+1 QFT

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
I used to buy almost everything from the dell store. They ran crazy 30-40% of deals all the time, had free shipping and no tax. Now no deals and I get taxed. Sucks. Their monitors are generally excellent, though their 22" I haven't particularly liked. They don't want to go all out and figure if someone will pay for a tricked out 22", they'll just pay for the 24" I guess.

suklee

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: clickynext
Yep, it's a TN panel. Sad, eh?

Is this "TN" panel why I see horrible colors with gradients?

Wish I had come in here for some quick research. Oh well - I'll live. But some colors look absolutely horrible compared to my Viewsonic VP201b that sits right next to it (for example the Vista shutdown screen). It looks like it's in VGA..