Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP-HC for $579 Shipped

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kougar

Apr 25, 2002
I have the non HC version, these are a superb monitor! Much lower price than my non-HC one was too.

I have noticed that my ATI 9600XT does not display the full range of colors that my 8800GTS displays on this monitor. A few gradients of gray are simply not rendered or output on the 9600XT for whatever funky reason.

Heinrich

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2001

I did a quick search for PC HD-DVD to compliment this monitor, and other than the 360 HD-DVD, the prices are quite high. Same with Blue-Ray. The 360 HD-DVD apparently has some lower standard audio, but, this may just be a 'spec sheet' issue and not so much a 'real life issue' for most of us.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Ahh I couldn't resist any longer!!

Item Number........Quantity.....Item Description
320-5647..............1...............Dell 2407WFP-HC Ultrasharp? 24 Inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor

Dell Home Customers: Save $100 off this Dell Flat Panel Monitor! - $100.00
983-2847..............1 ..............3Yr Ltd. Warranty, 3 yr Advanced Exchange

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS
Dell Home Customers: Save 3% when you use DPA! Save 3% instantly (before tax and shipping) when you purchase online using the Dell Preferred Account as your payment option with approved credit. - $17.07

Order Subtotal: $551.93
Shipping and Handling Total: $18.00
Shipping Discount: -$18.00
Tax Total: $27.60
Total Charges: $579.53

-3% fatcash: $562.14

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: ivan2
$569.00 with free 3-5 day shopping now.

It's been that way since the price dropped as far as I can tell. I never saw it listed at $579.

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Update, I got my replacement 2407-hc today, and it ghosts just as badly. Not sure if I'm unlucky, or if it's a defect with this revision.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: jhbball
Update, I got my replacement 2407-hc today, and it ghosts just as badly. Not sure if I'm unlucky, or if it's a defect with this revision.

That's really the kinda thing I don't want to hear after just ordering one!

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004
Hmm, free shipping is going again on this deal.

I'm not sure if I trust all the banging around this monitor will take with the free 3-5 day shipping. I'm thinking it may be worth the extra $30 for the 2nd day air shipping.

Has anyone had any damage issues at all with the free shipping option?

chewietobbacca

Jun 10, 2007
Got a 3007WFP-HC with free shipping, $225 off, and so on...

5 year warranty w/ that came out to $1472 after tax to my door

Nice deal on the 24"ers too!

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Any cables come in the box (US/Canada)?

I read an Australian review that said that it came with a HDMI to DVI cable, but I don't think they do in North America.

How many people are experiencing VGA ghosting?

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I've had zero issue with my monitor, I bought it the first month it was available.
Yes, it comes with HDMI to DVI cable.

Also, if you bought the monitor a month before they put a special price drop, you can get $50 credit PLUS $50 off next purchase at Dell. Just got it.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005

I really think its something amiss on your PC, 2 in a row is really odd. Did you try what suggested before and swap out video cards or drivers?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Originally posted by: imaheadcase
I've had zero issue with my monitor, I bought it the first month it was available.

Also, if you bought the monitor a month before they put a special price drop, you can get $50 credit PLUS $50 off next purchase at Dell. Just got it.

How did you go about getting that? I bought mine when it first came out too.

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002

I really think its something amiss on your PC, 2 in a row is really odd. Did you try what suggested before and swap out video cards or drivers?

I tried the monitor on both my laptop, via VGA, and DVI via my pc, with the same result. I suppose I could try to find a different video card, but I have a feeling it will yield the same result.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: Mojoed
Hmm, free shipping is going again on this deal.

I'm not sure if I trust all the banging around this monitor will take with the free 3-5 day shipping. I'm thinking it may be worth the extra $30 for the 2nd day air shipping.

Has anyone had any damage issues at all with the free shipping option?

Perhaps, if not just for the speed... mine "shipped" yesterday via DHL. All it has said so far is:
Date and Time...................Status.....................................Location
8/13/2007 12:00 am.........Shipment Acknowledged...........Nashville, TN

On the other hand, I ordered a desktop from Dell for my parents using the free 3-5 day shipping and it arrived overnight via FedEx Home Delivery. Seriously, it was shipped from Winston-Salem, NC at 1:26PM on 8/13/2007 and arrived in Richmond, VA at 2:06PM on 8/14/2007!

Edit: my monitor is now In Transit to Atlanta and has a scheduled delivery date of 8/15. I guess they're going to air it to here from ATL, otherwise there's slim chance that it's going to get here tomorrow.

Edit 2: to no surprise, the package still says it is in transit to Atlanta, and yet the delivery date is still for today. Either they have the worst tracking or I'll be lucky if it gets here this week.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Tweak155

How did you go about getting that? I bought mine when it first came out too.

Email Dell about your order :)

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Ordered mine yesterday. Pretty good deal: CAD$599 (including shipping), which is about US$558. The deal (CAD$250 off) is only good for a few days here though.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I bit on this one, got the extra year with advanced exchange for $635.37 shipped, god help me.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Maybe you are just overly sensative to LCD screens? I don't notice it at all, play all type of games (just finished Half Life 2 on it, playing in Warhammer Beta, etc), play movies, etc on it without any issue.

This is my first LCD to.

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Maybe you are just overly sensative to LCD screens? I don't notice it at all, play all type of games (just finished Half Life 2 on it, playing in Warhammer Beta, etc), play movies, etc on it without any issue.

This is my first LCD to.

Man, I wish I could say I was just sensitive to such things, but this is different. Not only is it blatantly obvious when in the right context of background, but it also ghosts inversely, meaning the ghosting is actually in front of the moving object.

This is the wallpaper I currently use for my desktop:

link

Try moving your mouse back and forth to see if you notice ghosting. It's the most noticeable in darker areas. Dark wall paper, dark areas in games.

EDIT

I've also tested this monitor on my desktop, my laptop, and my friends machine with the same results. We both have different video cards ATI vs. Nvidia, and the latest drivers. I just find it so strange that I'm the only person noticing this.