Dell Precision 5810

Chess

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2001
I am trying to just do a fresh install and get rid of the Dell bloat ware.

I have a madness license copy of win 7 pro.

When I boot to disc it's not finding the drivers of the hdd. I've downloaded the .inf file and still no dice.

Any suggestions ?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Which OS did your model come with? If it came with 8.1 there will be some BIOS settings you would need to change for it to install Windows 7.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Why not just delete the so-called bloatware, scrub the registry, and move on? Or, . . . why not do a fresh install using the system's own restore function? What exactly is a madness license copy?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
I am with corkyg on this. Just do a restore and remove what you don't want. Uninstallers are much better than they used to be.

Chess

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2001
Why not just delete the so-called bloatware, scrub the registry, and move on? Or, . . . why not do a fresh install using the system's own restore function? What exactly is a madness license copy?

should have read MSDN, lol...

Because I have 18 more to do. My thoughts were to load, Win 7, etc, and create an Acronis image and be done...

Worked great on the 13 laptops :)

Chess

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2001
I am with corkyg on this. Just do a restore and remove what you don't want. Uninstallers are much better than they used to be.

Dont really have the time, honestly, once I have the image complete, its just a quick load and be done

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Not really sure why you don't just remove the crapware and clone the other drives. You say you don't have the time, but if you had done that in the first place you would be done by now.