Dell Outlet Monitor Sale

Woofmeister

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2004
Extremely good deals on refurbished monitors this weekend at the Dell Outlet. Add this coupon code for an additional 10% off ?5K1?NLK3FDLLM.
Shipping and handling is free.

It is my understanding that Dell's generous return policy for stuck pixels on LCDs applies to refurbished monitors.

I just picked up a Dell 3008WFP (that's the new 30 inch S-IPS Panel) for the office for $989.10 plus tax.:shocked:

The site's still balky from all the traffic but persistence will pay off.

Edit There's a brief pop up when you enter the site that says all Dell refurbished monitors have a 90 day warranty. Don't be alarmed, that's the minimum and any serious sized refurbished monitor will have a much longer warranty.

My invoice says right on it
Dell UltraSharp Widescreen 3008WFP: 3Yr Ltd Warranty - Advance Exchange (Included In Price)

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I was wondering why I couldn't get that area of their site to load w/o errors. :p

drwho9437

Jun 22, 2001
Edit There's a brief pop up when you enter the site that says all Dell refurbished monitors have a 90 day warranty. Don't be alarmed, that's the minimum and any serious sized refurbished monitor will have a much longer warranty.

Dell UltraSharp Widescreen 3008WFP: 3Yr Ltd Warranty - Advance Exchange (Included In Price)

My invoice doesn't say that, I will see what the information card says when it gets here. Upset I didn't find the coupon before my order ARRRRG but still happy to get IPS 22" for 180 dollars.

Woofmeister

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: drwho9437

My invoice doesn't say that, I will see what the information card says when it gets here. Upset I didn't find the coupon before my order ARRRRG but still happy to get IPS 22" for 180 dollars.

Hmmm. Maybe it's only the refurbished 3008WFP that has the 3 year warranty. Good to check. Of course, if it works for 90 days, it's probably going to work for the next three years. My Dell 2405 FW has been going for five years at least.

Antoneo

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
Thanks guys, I just bought the 22" Dell IPS for $175 shipped. Damn taxes, heh. Working on a 12" screen is soooo painful.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

Someone in this thread said they were told by Dell it was because of a power outage in Manila. Dunno how accurate that information is.

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
Was hoping for a better deal on the 24" monitors. Oh well.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Hey guys, are there any decent monitors in this selection for Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and gaming? I could use an extra monitor for college, but I'm not sure which one would be good for the task. I am looking to spend no more than $150 and I don't need anything bigger than 19". (unless I can get something bigger within this price range)

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: ibex333
Hey guys, are there any decent monitors in this selection for Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and gaming? I could use an extra monitor for college, but I'm not sure which one would be good for the task. I am looking to spend no more than $150 and I don't need anything bigger than 19". (unless I can get something bigger within this price range)

I think this one would be about the closest to what you're looking for:

Originally posted by: Antoneo
Thanks guys, I just bought the 22" Dell IPS for $175 shipped. Damn taxes, heh. Working on a 12" screen is soooo painful.

Ultrasharp 2209WA is the model (make sure its the WA, not the 2209W which uses a much cheaper panel). The rest use cheaper TN panels which can be ok for gaming but I wouldn't recommend for doing design/photo work on. Its a bit out of your price range though.

The0ne

Jan 3, 2006
The price is horrible. Just wait until they put them on sale again for $799 and very few times for $699.

Edit: ops, nvm...this is for trhe 3008 :)

timswim78

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2003
I was looking at a 2209WA and a 2408WFP, then I saw that they only have 90 day warranties. This seems a little misleading because some of the informational links in the outlet list the warranties included with new versions of the product.